Fergus’s Grows 1-6

1 Like

Not sure if I ask questions here or in another category?
Anyway Ive made a soil mix using stuff I had before lockdown out of garden soil, vege soil mix, compost and a sprinkle of epson salts. This is sitting in my garden untill I place in pots I will transplant seedlings to. I ran some water through a sample then tested ph.
I got 7.4 in the run off water. The garden water I ran through the sample was 8.2. Do I need to add anything else to my soil mix to correct ph level? Got another week before repotting.
Ive been watering my seedlings with filtered water thats 7.8
Thank you
Your help please.

If you are gonna use this as your journal. I would ask all questions here. That way you will have a record of everything in one place. Just my opinion :v:

1 Like

Thank you brother :facepunch:

One Bubba Kush has gone outside to plastic greenhouse as will one of these also as no room. Should really only keep one in tent but im going to put in smaller pots and go for 2.
Sorry for lighting I’ll get a better shot tonight with light off but leaves look a bit weird on back right??

@Bulldognuts @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @AAA @blackthumbbetty @repins12

Many thanks you awesome lot.

3 Likes

They do, is there a fan or heater right next to it?

I have been turning a fan on for a few hours each day? @dbrn32

Just been in and turned fan off as they looked worse with it on. Was just trying to give stems a bit if work each day. @dbrn32

2 Likes

Might just be those ‘first leaf blues’ haha. I’ve had them come up a little crinkled like they’d been wadded up in the seed husk or something.

2 Likes

I was thinking more like it was just a little too close or too direct. Fan is good, but should just give leaves a little wiggle few times a minute.

1 Like

Thank you team. Im surprised how long watering lasts at this stage. Giving 100mls per seedling and only every 3 days.

1 Like

In better light tonight.

@dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

1 Like

They look ok, you could maybe use extra holes around base of your pots.

1 Like

Looking good. I too like many air holes.

2 Likes

Sometimes the slightly crooked/twisted leaves can also be pre-indicators of a calcium issue.

1 Like

Here is todays nosey what do you guys think?
Also I did get that I need holes in containers but I think with not long to go for final potting would I shock them too much attempting to put holes in now?
@dbrn32 @repins12 @AAA @Myfriendis410 @Bulldognuts @blackthumbbetty

2 Likes

Yeah; just continue as you’re doing and if going into pots for their final home just make sure they have lots of drainage.

1 Like

Thought Id go fabric pots ? @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Excellent: nothing better if growing in a media. Try to get ones that are light in color which will keep your root zone a bit cooler.

1 Like

Unfortunately only had black when I ordered but I have since found some paper bag colour that I might order also.
Thanks

2 Likes