Feminized white widow outdoor

@rodri59 @SmoknGranny… I grew NL and harvested in early Aug… It knocks me on my butt, def Night time smoke… Lol

2 Likes

LOL I gotta get a “functioning” daytime strain so I guess NL is out!

Okay. I’ve been practicing and watching and waiting. I’m not seeing amber on the clones yet. :disappointed:

2 Likes

RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN :rage:. I’m worried about bud rot on the Mothers & can’t get to them until Saturday. I’m debating if I should bring the clones into the garage between storms. This has been a very wet week and won’t stop until the weekend.

I’ve spent some time here and some other sites regarding Chocolope. I see where it is more picky about ph, moisture and mold problems in/out With my Widows I’ve been spoiled as they are pretty dang hardy to date. I wish I knew what sativa strains others in my area grow outdoor. :thinking:. So I think I’m going to keep looking & reading about fem sativa seeds. But I’m still looking forward to hearing about your experience with smoking Chocolope :blush:

The dang rain and humidity is a beast…is it looking like your rain is stopping? Good luck.

Nope I had 2” yesterday alone. Misty and foggy most of today but it’s coming back in now. I checked the clones and they aren’t sodden surprisingly. I’m hoping to check out the Mothers tomorrow but I’m waiting on the weather. My vision isn’t good for driving in low light conditions. Dang cataracts :rage:
I have until 10/19 before I have to get the Mothers harvested regardless of trichomes.

I talked to Grow Partner last night. We’ve had lots of rain ALL week and she’s thinks the Widows are showing signs of rot. Ready or not looks like I will have to harvest ASAP. I hope to go and chop them down tomorrow as soon as the rain stops. Bad news is that I have no way to stealthily hang and dry both. I’ll update later today and may need suggestions for drying :sob:

First stealth drying closet is ready and have a fan ready to install along with an exhaust fan in the ceiling. It’s not going to be big enough for both Widows. Working on a plan. In the meantime, I can only trim so much at a time and hope not to incur more problems while dealing with this over the next few days. I’m thinking of layering branches with towels or something in between in large moving boxes. Suggestions and comments welcome @bob31 @rodri59 @FreakyDeekie @Zombo @Ace2012 @Whodat66 @Laurap @Sasquatch @Countryboyjvd1971

5 Likes

Try hanging them from the shelves @SmoknGranny with clothes hanger or similar I use binder clips on coat hanger as well put hang from stem you’ll fit a lot more in the space that way imo ? Hope pic helps
Happy harvesting :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks. That’s my game plan but what about storing as I get to trimming? It’s going to take me a few days and many blisters :rofl:
I have lots of clips and clothes pins. I just thought I’d be able to space this out until all this rain happened :rage:

1 Like

I know what you mean! Blisters & very sore back but good pain. Took me 3 days to get everything cut but in meantime i put in paper bags & before i put into mason jars put hygrometer in bag to check for moistness. Big boxes work well too. If too dry place a bovidea pak inside & then you’re ready to jar. With hanging i used clothes pins.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s bad enough for having to harvest early. But with this much rain and more coming I’m cutting my losses or trying to. My bathroom is going to be crowded with paper bags for a few days :blush:
Are you getting anything from the latest hurricane?

1 Like

So far so good. They say it wont come all the way here but will hit New Orleans. Amnesia haze is a hybrid very hardy, very forgiving. Shes one of the strains i grew last time & loved their look, taste, effect ect. In spite of everything we went through they actually came out well.

2 Likes

Good to know you will be ok :blush:. Crossed fingers for NOLA and others in the path.
I’ll look at the AH. I need something besides the Widows for next spring.

1 Like

Looking good @SmoknGranny They’re going to be delicious!

Thanks @Sasquatch. I was hoping to hold off for another 7-10 days but Mother Nature says otherwise. Today is sunny but more rain this week. I figure it’s not worth waiting and losing all. Always have next spring to try again :blush:

1 Like

little rain wont hurt… good luck with the harvest

With all the rain and humidity bud rot is ramped…you think you got it all and then this weather returns…:angry:

1 Like

Thanks! I agree with a “little” rain! But over 6” over the last week & more this week along with the temperatures dropping & little to no sun at this point … not so good for healthy buds. The good news is while we did have spots of rot things weren’t as bad as my partner thought :blush:. I harvested about a quarter (if that much) from the Widows yesterday and removed all buds with signs of rot. With opening up the ladies for better air flow to the remaining buds I hope to have bought another week.
I ended up bringing home some nice tight sticky stinky buds and now in the process of trimming and drying. I’ll try to get some pics later today.

2 Likes