Feminized seeds not working for me

Ok I have started a second set of these seeds and they did the same damn thing.
I did paper towel method then transferred to cup after tap root sprouted. I used high end towels to make sure chlorine was low and happy frog soil.
I get a nice tap root and I carefully transferred with tweezers to cup and soil. I get a nice little green sprout on 3 of the 6 then it just shrivels up and dies. The other 3 I get zip.
I use to use pellets and just straight forward seeds. Never an issue. Grows nicely.
I can not get feminized seeds to go.
What the hell am I doing wrong? I don’t understand why I can’t get the feminized to grow. Maybe old seeds?
The non feminized were from a different seed bank (and different strains) and took off wonderfully and I’m getting ready to switch to flowering. All 6 took all 6 are amazing.
I am not sure what to do next. I don’t want to keep starting seeds and they freaking die on me. I know it happens and part of the deal but 12 out of 12 die really sucks!
Ones that took from reg seeds:
Bruce Banner, Strawberry Banana, Ghost train

• Strain: Lemon Haze, Strawberry cough, MK ultra, Chocolope, Blue dream, Gorilla Glue
  • Type (fem/auto/reg): fem
  • Climate (indoor/outdoor): indoor
  • Medium (soil/hydro/details): paper towel method then soil
  • pH of runoff or solution in reservoir:
  • Nutrient mix strength (EC/TDS):
  • Light type & schedule: grow light - 18/6
  • Temperatures day & night: 70 to 75
  • Humidity day & night: 50-60
  • Ventilation: Dome
1 Like

@MamaVivian. A reg seed will always have more vigorous growth than a feminized seed.
That being said. You Managed to get your fem seeds to form a tap root and got them into cups before they died.
My first thoughts would be either too deep or too wet from your description.
Temps of 75-80 deg f help too.
:v:

2 Likes

Right of hand I am thinking watering , that’s the number one mistake made when starting out.

1 Like

That’s what I am leaning towards.
Just frustrated. I want to try new strains but not if I keep killing them! Lol!

1 Like

I’m going to try one last time
I think between the humidity and possible water issues maybe I’ll succeed this time.
I am a helicopter mom with my plants so I didnt think water was the issue. BUT I just noticed my kid did not poke drain holes in the bottom of the cups.
She is learning and helping me. So this maybe a learning lesson for her

1 Like

I know is frustrating , if you want I can tag you in my journal I am on week 5 you can see how I got that far?

1 Like

That would explain things. :joy:
Unfortunately expensive lesson too. :wink::+1::v:

1 Like