Feminized Seeds from Colloidal Siver?

Has anyone actually feminized seed with home made colloidal silver? The generators using silver rods or coins and batteries create Ionic Silver. I am not sure how this gets converted to Colloidal Silver of if you need to convert it.
The stuff I have seen on YouTube doesn’t seem accurate.

Another thing I am reading is a PPM meter can’t accurately read PPM of a Colloidal Silver solution. So how you know for sure the product from the internet store is legit?

1 Like

Vexer has done it successfully

2 Likes

Yup chatted with him too. Think he buys his solution, but I will need to ask. @Vexer do you make or buy your solution? After 2.5 weeks no sign of male parts on the plants I am spraying. I bought some 30ppm Colloidal silver, but worried it is bogus!
I am making Ionic silver with a couple of coins and a DC power supply. I can make a fair amount, but not sure how to convert to Colloidal silver.

1 Like

he bought it, 50ppm

1 Like

I might switch to Silver ThioSulfate Solution (STS).
It is pretty simple to make with Sodium Thiosulfate and Sodium Nitrate and it costs less than buying Colloidal silver. $30 buys the Soduim Thiosulfate and Silver Nitrate, which are powder form so store indefinitely until needed.

1 Like

It’s pretty cheap already.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D281XR0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_qAchDbNQXFWT5

2 Likes

Yup, I bought 30 PPM my first time around and bumped it up to 50 PPM for my second which is my current feminization. I was successful on both attempts and both times I thought it wasn’t working until it did work lol. I bought 16oz of colloidal silver for $20 and it will last me for about 5 feminizations or maybe even more. It’s really fun and a rather simple project that can bring great rewards!

Vexer says store in these. I’m stalking him…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZWV879/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_gBchDbVWMR7MG

2 Likes

Yeah colloidal silver weakens in light so a blue or non transparent bottle works best. Secret (I use a clear little spray bottle and just store it in a dark cabinet), genius I know. Lastly just as a reminder any plants sprayed with colloidal silver cannot be consumed in any way shape or form.

4 Likes

Yeah, I saw you do that through my binoculars when I was stalking you…

2 Likes

This is my current Blue Dream that I have already collected pollen on and pollinated for fem BD seeds. I will also be pollinating my gold leaf plant to make fem Dub Nation (BD x Gold Leaf) as I’m calling it. You can even see the yellow from me pollinating it.

2 Likes

You crack me up @AAA lol

1 Like

But did you see what was on my side yard?

Of course. I was using my old surveyors equipment. I believe the 3rd plant from the end is out of line by .0000976235 degrees due south.

You will want to fix that before it gnaws away at your OCD.

BTW, nice socks.

1 Like

You won’t dare catch me in socks during July in California @AAA Lol. I’m a flip fops kind of guy.

1 Like

If you go the sodium thiosulfate route, you can buy 2 lbs for $10 at your local pool store.

Ask them for it by name or by neutralizer. Sodium thiosulfate is the neutralizer for chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite. Fancy word for bleach or chlorine

Silver Thiosulfate is Silver Nitrate and Sodium Thiosulfate. The source I found for Sodium Thiosulfate is much more than that so thanks for the tip @PharmerBob. I will look that way and see what I can find. It is about $25 for 10g of the Silver Nitrate.

The bottle of colloidal silver I got from Amazon does not say it is colloidal, but a sticker from the seller says it is. I think is was not and also maybe not even actual ionic silver!! at 17 days and nothing on my plants. I did generate some ionic silver myself and started augmenting with it, but maybe too little too late.
It seems like Silver Thiosulfate takes out the guess work so that is why I am considering it.
Thanks for posting the colloidal silver you are using @Vexer. Now that I know a product that has been successful I can pick it up and use it too. Good to have options.

1 Like

Thanks for jumping in and helping out AAA!! :smile: Much appreciated.

2 Likes

The NavSat view doesn’t look that much out of alignment. I think it is the way the wind is blowing the first few plants is making it look off. :rofl: