Feminized Pine Apple Express (California & Bulgaria) first grow anything!

Are you feeding any cal mag or Magnesium sulfate (epsom salt)?

1 Like

The burnt tips up top looks like nute burn. Do you know what your runoff ppm or EC is?

1 Like

The last I checked (last week) ppm was same as what was going in, plain water 300ppm… and pH 6.5 seemed good so I did two feedings since, first one was a good black strap molasses with some bananas tea and then 4 days later did the weekly base feed. (probably should’ve just plain watered it?) Lot going on there…lol, I noticed the tips too, the soil EC was estimated at 1.48 before this last feed so probably pushed it over the top. I was just asked to do a slurry test. equal parts soil and distilled water. to check the pH of the soil that way. I might flush it with a low Epsom Salt bath tomorrow. I I read it’s hard to overwater when using CoCo. (but mines a mix, should I wait?) I’d do everything right now but they’re about to go to bed, lights go out any minute :frowning:

Did the slurry test this morning, 6.9 pH. So…what that means …I don’t know…lol! Maybe I’m good and just need to do a Cal Mag thing again, more than once a week? I dosed the pots with 6 cups of water each this morning real quick of the stuff. So maybe will be holding off till Friday-Saturday for a regular watering. Would like to have the soil dry up a bit before then. Don’t want root rot at this point. Might just smoke a joint this evening.

1 Like

Buds seem to be holding strong … half are still deciding if they want to mature or not … :joy:… touch n go … I’m sure with two to three weeks to go they’ll pull through… POSITIVE VIBRATION… see ya’s this weekend with an update.

1 Like

I think I’d still feed them. When more hairs start to darken and pull back into the bud then go straight water if you like

1 Like

@CooterJuice Thanks, I think I will then, alternate between the two, feed and plain watering.

1 Like

Update: The CalMAg dose must’ve sparked something last night… (maybe just coincidence) but to my surprise, and delight, got my first ever hanging nugget from the top weight, they’re starting to get heavy… STOKED. Tied it back up during lunch today… pots seemed dry so did the mid week watering, with 2 gallons of Epsom Salt solution (per pot) pH’d to 5.8. To be safe I kept the ppm low… about 500ppm 1EC.

1 Like

Well, seems like I’ve been experiencing light and heat stress. So I’ve reduced the lights via the dimmers and added more circulation. Was wondering why new white pistils keep popping up.

She’s not in showroom shape, first grow so can’t be to hard in myself for it. Good news …they’re getting fatter, have to hold some up with gardening tape. Two ladies are tied together to hold them up …lol, crazy fun these plants

1 Like

Looking good man!!!

1 Like

half are ready for the two week flush…the other not… tough call, I figure if I start now, in two weeks I’ll have a mix of harvest going on, maybe week n a half… not calling it yet. shooting from the hips on this one guys!
I feel like these will be ready couple weeks

and these…well…not even close… :frowning:

Looking tasty brother!!! Can always do a split harvest. Harvest top buds/buds that are ready. Let the others ripen more

1 Like

Just Keep an eye :eye: on those trichomes.

1 Like

I might do that, I got a 4x2 tent just in case I do split the harvest, little costly but I could always do a little grow out of it later on. I had no idea how important the drying process is to the grow. I’m super lucky the weather has been cooling off here in the desert. I’ve read it and it’s been suggested that I wait till there is 0% crystal clear trichomes left before harvesting. That it was super easy to harvest to soon, but not to late. The BroScience way was to read the pistils, if they’re all white…like what I have pictured up above…no way Jose they’re ready… studying and reading lots still, and counting on you guys the same, huge thanks! Trichomes are about 30-50% cloudy heads with some amber here and there. None are milky white, last checked this pass Saturday (2 days ago)

Watering the ladies last night, decided to do a treatment of Mosquito Bits. Saw a bunch of micro mini gnats in one of my pots. Sorta panicked and treated all of them pots. 10 gallons worth. 40 tablespoon of the Misguito Bits. The corn bits soak in water releasing the BTI (Bti is a biological or a naturally occurring bacterium found in soils. (Bti is short for Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis.) It contains spores that produce toxins that specifically target and only affect the larvae of the mosquito, blackfly and fungus gnat).
I got negative feedback on it’s use from a seasoned grower, that he’s never heard of anyone using it in cannabis that I should not use chemicals to kill gnats. Tried to explain that BTI is organic. So not sure now. Anyways, it’s done. But the plot thickens! one if my pots during the watering surprised me with little red centipedes! I’m like what!? After some investigation, centipedes prey on critters that are harmful to your plants…so let it be is what I’m thinking right now. Gonna check that pot out this evening and see if gnats are abundant in that area or not, I’m wondering if they like to eat gnats.

You did the right thing. Mosquito bits is good stuff. Follow directions on the bag and reapply. Usually takes 2 watering with it from my experience

1 Like

Thanks Cooter! Needed that. :blush:

1 Like

Checked the Triches and still lot of clear in them…think I can squeeze one more feed on the mature plant. (Dam…these take long to flower). This might be a 10-11 week flower grow. Looking for a couch lock effect so gonna wait till I see very little crystal looking trichs for now.

The mature One of the Bunch

Someone once told me to look for least amount of clear. You’ll still have some even at 40%amber

1 Like