Feminized Blueberry project

I now I have a blueberry plant in my grow room. It’s 8 weeks since it’s sprouted. I see pre-flowers. I want to keep my plant in a vegetative stage for a little longer so it grows a little bigger.do I have to start flowering my plant when I see pre-flowers or can I let it stay in vegetative stage for a month or so to mature a little more?

5 Likes

You can leave it in veg stage as long as you like. Great thing about photo seeds, you play God.

Just flip the light schedule when you’re ready to flower.

Good luck!

8 Likes

Play God…lol I’ve heard that before. Good stuff Z!!! Just keep her on 18/6 light schedule and your in veg mode till God changes the lights to 12/12. Who’d you get the seeds from - are you sure you didn’t get an auto by accident, because it happens. You probably would have seen pistols b4 8 weeks though with an auto. I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Oh and nice chatting w ya, welcome to the site from both of us. Zee’s just shy or he’d a said welcome as well. LoL :rofl:

4 Likes

I would have taken credit for it, before you showed up…lol. frankly I did steal it from you.

@Smokebloke welcome to the forum.

If Loco was doing his job, playing God with his plants and shrooms, he would have told you to be mindful the plants typically double in size after you flip to flower.

Going back to what I was doing, if I remember what that was…

2 Likes

Now your just showing off!!! LoL
But hey bloke where are the pictures man, we all love a good pot centerfold. Throws some up when you get a chance, catcha later.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s going to get any taller. After I did the transplant and put it in the grow room I topped it. I don’t want it to grow tall I wanted to get bushy. After all of this I can honestly say this is one tough plant. Took the transplant to the five gallon bucket like a champ. After I topped it it already started growing more leaves. And this was all within a matter of days.

1 Like

Oh it’s gonna get bigger I’ll bet a pound on that mate! That’s a good problem to have. Looks like you got about 9 weeks of flowering on top of you keeping it in veg. That’s not a big deal though you’ll tie her off or lst to control the height.

2 Likes

OK so I’m still a beginner and very wet behind the ears in this department. I topped the plant. I cut the growing tip. I thought when you did that it stopped growing taller and just got bushier. Is that correct?

2 Likes

Your absolutely correct but it will still grow taller as it’s getting bushy. Kinda like the universe expanding as it’s growing… man I’m baked…plus you’ll have 2 shoots take over as tips and continue going up all over again…

3 Likes

That explains a lot. I have to make my tent taller. This may be a failure. I’ll post pictures in a bit.

1 Like

Loco is legit.

I top my plants. I typically veg for 10 weeks and I push the plants to the maximum height of my flower tent without causing light burn or getting a fire truck pulling up in front of my burning down house. My flower tent is 6’.

You talking about going 12 weeks in veggie, I’d have a 7’ tent.

1 Like

I may be able to make a 7 foot tall area with the space I have. Post pics in a bit. I’ll show you what I’m working with.

Welcome to my room!

I named her Bootoo. She had a sister Booberry who was a runt. She grew to about 8 inches tall. She didn’t survive transplant. Her roots were barely there and when I changed her to a 5 gallon bucket, she fell over and never recovered .

I made the frame from 3/4 PVC. Not too hard to raise the roof. Also have a 4 inch fan for exhaust.

2 Likes

PVC housing is like legos, looks like you’ll be alright.

2 Likes

Kickass bro…you made your tent…dude you’ll fit right in you diy kingpin!! That’s great… In about another year if you catch the bug you’ll master a light build! Nice stuff jr…

5 Likes

To answer an earlier question, the magic beans came from ILGM.

@LoCoRock
Modification almost complete. I have a slight light leak. Gonna patch it up and good to go! Thanks for the suggestion You da man! Or was it @Zee? It was Zee. Thanks brother.

1 Like

I started flowering her this past Saturday. I’m open to any suggestions for LST. I know that’s how I can make the tips further away from the light. They’re too close. I’ve never done LST training before and would appreciate a tip or two.

1 Like

You could definitely bend her over. Won’t hurt a bit and within 6 hours she’ll be pointing back up. Tie her branches down as far as they can go w/o breaking OR tie her main stock over to a brick or something off to the side a little more.
Even if you do break it, it’s not the end of the world you can just turn it into a super crop. Which is still alright since you JUST flipped some say good even right at flowering.

1 Like

Oh man… Hey. You topped her so be careful not to snap her at the junction when pulling one of her sides down. Get nice and stoned and see how she twerks n reacts to different stresses. You can do it no big deal…even if you only feel comfortable with 4 inches… LoL I’ll leave that joke alone!!

1 Like