Feminization of Seeds using Gibberellin (GA3)

That is cool i test stuff out to i went through 3 different companies with colloidal silver before I found the one im using.

1 Like

@ThcinKC What did you use? I’d like to get some.

https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Mountain-Minerals-Bioavailable-colloidally/dp/B01D281XR0/ref=pd_bap_m_rp_1/147-6033753-5769953?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01D281XR0&pd_rd_r=f8103a1b-1489-4d30-b939-5e10236e069e&pd_rd_w=h9Igc&pd_rd_wg=qUH2r&pf_rd_p=7092fda7-28a2-4e44-9254-b40e2cad6f55&pf_rd_r=7QD8763BNFVFTJNN9D4V&psc=1&refRID=7QD8763BNFVFTJNN9D4V

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MZWV879?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

2 Likes

Make sure to get the tinted jars because light will mess with the colloidal silver and it won’t be as potent if left out in a glass.

1 Like

@ThcinKC, what is your process with the silver?

I think i put that information in my grow journal
6 strains of fun

I just read through and did not find definitive info, just says you sprayed once in flower.

But maybe I missed it!

Just read the Ilgm site instructions, all set.

I sprayed the purple kush before it went into flower and the others i did when went to flower the 12hr light schedule. The one sprayed before flower turned alot faster than the others. Sorry i thought i did put that information on here i did it on the labside to my fault I’m pretty crispy right now :ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost:

2 Likes

All good! Did you spray all the way up to male nanners?

I did a whole purple kush plant that pollinated 2 more purple kush and part of a Jack herer

The others i only did certain parts because i did not have enough extra clones there’s a big learning curve on this to. I need to do this a couple more times to really dial it down

35 day update
So I definitely overdosed the gibberellin and next time will use 1/4 strength and maybe only 5 days of treatment. Even though I treated one branch of the BI with GA3 the entire side has grown to 5 ft tall while the untreated side is about 2ft. I have had to sideways press the top portion across with a SCROG net to even out the plant. The treated branch does not have any clusters but is very stringy and twisted, like a vine.

As for the bubble gum, the treatment stayed mostly localized to the treated branch. It also grew very tall and needed to be pressed down with the net. The positive is that I do seem to have clusters. The clusters are weird looking but are definitely male balls.

3 Likes

That is the weirdest thing i have ever seen a plant do

1 Like

I am shooting them up with hormones so to to speak so I did expect unusual results. I just didnt have any idea on dosing.

2 Likes

30 ppm coloidal silver has worked well. This branch self pollinated. Sprayed for 21 days after flip…

7 Likes

Love it ! Very :sunglasses:

Haven’t seen you on much, hope all is well your way. @WickedAle

I hope you got the GA3 levels correct for feminizing. I heard 1/10th grams per liter of water. I’ll be trying but I’d hate to waste a whole cycle on a failed attempt. Please let me know if you’ve had any further luck with GA3. TIA

2 Likes

I got the colloidal silver to work and tried the ga3 3 times and ran up the dosage and never got them to flip the 50ppm colloidal silver works for me
There has to be a trick to it im sure but i can’t figure it out

1 Like