I wanted to feminize some seeds as an experiment. My local hydro store suggested gibbarellin as a means to turn the female plant to male to produce pollen. So I ordered some gibbarellin fro flea bay to begin my trial. The gibberellin came with a 0.15g measuring spoon. To prepare a 300PPM solution I first dissolved a spoon full of gibbarellin in 15 mls of ethanol (gibbarellin won’t dis love well in water) following dissolution I further diluted in 500mls of water in a spray bottle.
I started to spray a branch of each of my plants at the time I flipped to 12/12. I have two plants currently running in DWC: Black Indica and Bubble Gum. I used a paper bag flattened as a spray shield so only one branch of each plant sees the treatment. I have been treating daily 1-2hrs after light on.
I started spraying Monday (3/25) so things are very early but there is noticeable elongation for the branches that are being sprayed. With the BG branch there is noticeable changes taking place.
- Yellowing of the leaves
- Pre-flip pistils have disappeared
- Elongation of the treated stem
With Black Indica it is less noticeable, but I am seeing some elongation.
I will continue to report as new developments occur.