Feminised seeds and how to grow them

Tent is up they gave me 3 gallon containers don’t know how to set ballast

3 Likes

For your photos, 5 gallon is preferred. You can start them in 3 gallon & transplant later. You’ll do fine, cannabis is very forgiving in soil. Youll need to read up on lst, & scrog. That will save height & increase yield.
Welcome to forum;

1 Like

Adam1981 that’s funny because I am on my first grow and I did the same thing you did but I thought I was ordering femail seeds but I ordered auto flowering females instead lol, honestly from what I have been reading about autos I think you will be better off with the regular females than autos plus you will end up with twice the amount of weed with regular seeds, now that i am growing autos i am bummed cuz i am wont get much lol, going to start germinating 12 regular pineapple crunch seeds in a couple weeks so I can get them under the light with autos. Good luck on your grow

1 Like

Ok I got 5 gallon buckets I drilled some around the middle of the bucket and some at the bottom my next question is my tap water is 140 ppm is that ok? If not how do I correct it

1 Like

When do switch from my to hps?

Mh to hps sorry

You can get 5 gallon fabric pots at home depot now, looks like home depot is hopping onto the marijuana brand wagon cuz they have coco and coco mix soil, hydroponic set up stuff and they have some nutrients similar to fox farm nutrients, I bought my fabric pots there and used there soil with coco, was a little pricey but was convenient. Good luck on your grow buddy

Ok country everything is set up my tap water is 140ppm … When do I switch to my hps? I have 2 five gallon buckets with holes drilled in the side and bottom… let me know if I’m missing something thanks again!

2 Likes

Post a picture brother if you can @Adam1981
You sound like you are ready to me
Do you have fans ready to go
One or two small fans clip on type work well and dont take floor space
Also what about exhaust fan carbon filter setup up ?
Remind me did you start you beans yet ?
Many start our seeds under t5 or cfl lights
I use30 watt t5 and 45 watt led panel to start mine

1 Like

@Adam1981 your tap water city or well water? If your on city water you need to let it sit for 24 hrs to let the crap they put in it dissipate.

1 Like

Good point using a air stone also helps with city water :wink:

1 Like

My pH was 6something I bought a Brita water filter… I made five gallons of water for my feed . I added exactly what the nutrient box told me to add hope fully everything is done right

1 Like

I bought a Brita filter . I’m on my 2ndd week just sprouted has 4 leafs. I have the hydropincs nutrients I’m not using many nutes. Just using good pH water Brita filtered with low nutes. I followed the general hydroponics chart on the side of the nutes box. Hope I’m doing everything right

My grow seems to be doing great they are 2 weeks and 3 days old. I have them in 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled in them .the one is chronic widow femmes and it looks great . the other has very very wide leafs I don’t know the second ones name but its indica definitely. Anyways I have only watered them a few times with good pH balanced distilled water.I have not used any nutrients at all yet. I have a 4x4 grow tent from grow ace 600mh and 600 HP’s . for now I have the my in and ballast set at 50% the seem to be healthy so far. Also this is all fox farm soil. Just wondering if I’m doing erything right ? When do I switch my to HP’s? When do I scrog? My growtent temp is 74 degrees and 47 humidity is all that OK? I also have a rye and sugar makeshift co2.

Sounds like you’re doing everything right, and if they look healthy then don’t change a thing, just keep going. Have you Topped our FIMmed yet for the SCROG? it’s probably too early, you’l want to do that as early as the fourth node and then set your screen on top. You won’t need to change your lights until you go into flower. So the day you flip to 12/12 you also change to HPS.

1 Like

When should I flip to 12. 12? No I didn’t top yet the third set of leafs should be showing in a day or so? When should I top? And when do I flip 12 12

When should I flip to 12 12? When do I top ?

When it comes to flipping to flower, you can do that whenever you want, really. You need to figure out how big you want your plants to get because when you flip, they will grow to almost twice the size. So if your grow space is say 5’ high, you’ll want to flip when your plants are about 2’ high giving you a 4’ plant and taking into account the space at top for your lighting.

Topping can happen anytime after the fourth or fifth node. If you’re just getting your third set of leaves now, then wait till the fourth comes in. Remember that’s not counting the very first round feeder leaves, they don’t count as a node.

If you have any more questions just tag me. I’m happy to help.

1 Like

Isn’t this an auto?

1 Like

No it chronic widow fem fp