Female plant with pollen sac?

7 weeks into flower and noticed something odd should I cut cola off so it doesn’t affect others?

wish I could circle it to make its definitely visible in this photo and none of the others have anything like it

Plant may have gone “hermi”, dont panic. Someone that can explain better than myself will come by.

I’ve never seen one on a flower, just on the nodes. The hermies I’ve had that were well into flower sprang bananas.

1 Like

Yep you got nanners. Pull them off

7 Likes

Good catch.

1 Like

Nanner isn’t ripe yet and probably won’t have released any pollen. You can pick those off (carefully.)

1 Like

how should i go about taking it off, should I use tweezers or what would work best?

I’ve always thrown the plant out or isolated it because it had too many nanners. If I was going to take one out I’d probably use a narrow bladed knife and just carve it out.

Someone else will probably have a better idea.

Watch your other flowers for them too. It may not be isolated to one bud.

Someone else here is dealing with the very same issue and is removing them. I haven’t seen the thread come up since yesterday though.

Tweezers work well.

Keep an eye on the plant. Pull off all the nanners you see asap. If they start appearing everywhere plan to harvest soon. Once the flowers are fertilized the plant starts diverting all its energy to seed production. The buds will shrivel and resin/thc production will disappear quickly.

4 Likes

Turn off any air circulation or fans so if pollen does release it will be localized to that bud and gently tweez them off.

5 Likes

Here is the other thread I mentioned.

3 Likes

I love this place…cant get nothing past them!

2 Likes

I think it takes a minimum of 4 weeks to make a seed. At 7 weeks I doubt it’ll have time since your so close to finishing her. Check for light leaks and make sure your temps are under control

5 Likes

It may not have time to fully develop seeds, but theres plenty of time for the buds to become useless. It only takes a week or so.

3 Likes

See if ya can do it with chopsticks…I don’t know how effective it would be but I’m just curious if you could do it…
"Here hold my joint (sign)

3 Likes

I usually use a precision instrument like this one…it also coats the plant with that wonderful petroleum!

It’s quick and effective…JK

Looks like she isn’t far from finishing based on the pistol coloring.
What do the Trichomes look like?
Are thy milky like this?

Ok ok what they said above…I know your all chuckling …my work is done

7 Likes

They’re mostly cloudy with about 10% amber was planning on chopping in a week from now which would make it about 9 weeks total in flower but may do it sooner since of the nanner I found. Thinking 2/3 days from now

2 Likes

Just make sure your checking them on bud sites and not sugar leaves.
If they are the way you described above and that’s the effect your looking for sounds like a good plan.

2 Likes

And once a bud starts developing nanners/seeds your plant will direct all it’s energy into reproduction so your overall product will lack a little in thc content and terpenes due to the plant redirection of the energy. Not a horrible thing this late in flower but definitely something you want to try and control until harvest.

2 Likes