? Female, Male, or Hermie?

Please help… don’t have a clue the back ground of this plant… it’s my very first test drive of growing… had a rough and slow start… now i believe it’s time to tell the sex… I have quite a other plants, good feminized strains that I don’t want this plant to mess with those… and if it’s a hermie how far do I move away…

See the white hairs? That means female.

Just because the rest of your plants are feminized does not mean you can’t have hermaphroditism.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought… any plant can hermie, correct? I was just saying I bought the others from a reputable seed bank… this plant is a test run… seed is years old and have no clue what strain… is going on three months… just want to give them all the best chance at not turning hermie… They are quite old enough to sex tho…

1 Like

yes, any plant can hermie even if from a reputable seed bank.

A plants main goal in life is to produce seed. Our main goal is to stop seed production. Its a battle of will and the plants eventually succeed in one form or another…

2 Likes

Looks okay to me, but in answer to your other question…

I usually send them to the wastewater treatment plant, via my garbage disposal.

2 Likes

Well just wouldn’t actually do that because a hermie produces feminized seeds… so can be beneficial to me…

1 Like

Hermies produce seeds with a greater likelihood of being more hermies.

2 Likes

Not a good idea. The tendency to hermaphrodite is carried into the seeds.

3 Likes

Well clearly someone lied to me thanks for the wisdom… so for sure this plant is a female?

2 Likes