Female clone off of a hermi

Would you suggest some kind of feed on them, as in a nitrogen additive, or wait and see if she needs it?

She looks good now, so don’t stray from what you’ve been doing. She won’t need extra N if you top, but you’ll want to start your flower nutes once you flip.

The last two waterings have been with nitrogen but the lowest dosage. I plan on watering with it again tomorrow. I know it is helping because a week ago, she wasn’t this vibrant. She looks completely different 10x more happy now. I also put her under a 1000 watt led. Was using a 240w. She just took off. Now I just hope she gets taller.

2 Likes

I don’t plan on flowering her for another month or so. Or do you think I can start now? Not sure how many more nodes she can handle if she doesn’t get taller or thicker.

1 Like

Adding that light will help a lot. If you’re not going to flower for a month then she would have more than enough time to bounce back if you topped. How many nodes are you at now?

It’s starting on its 5th node now. If I could get cloning down, this would be the one I would want.

If you wanna clone the top, I’d let her grow out a little more. She looks like she self-topped herself?

How many nodes should there be if I want to clone her?

You can do it after the 5th node, but can depend on how tall they are. You don’t want to clip the top and have only a cm to put into your medium. If I were you, I’d top her after the fifth node and don’t take any clones until you switch to 12/12. Then you will be able to take you’re pick of shoots to clone. I take from the bottom where the shoots don’t get as much light. Those would end up being larfy anyways so they make great monster cropped clones.

1 Like

I agree. I’m newer to this on my third or fourth serious grow. But I’ve been doing it the way @MattyBear suggest. I have good results with that. I think you’ll be happy. It’s nice to be able to pick and choose what you want to take as far as branches to clone. Enjoy your growing

1 Like

Hey @Jrock9435 the folks here have a great deal of knowledge to share. I am just a few weeks into my first grow and all of the advice and instructions that I have received on the forum has been right on the mark. Check out my journal here: First Grow From Beginning to End - #316 by Countryboyjvd1971
You will not go wrong following their advice. Happy Growing :+1::ok_man::cowboy_hat_face: