Feeling like a turn for the worse

These were doing great 2 days ago. But now they’re curling and I’m afraid I’m losing them. Had a little mishap watering one then I got paranoid and now I’m lost. These are my very first girls. Could I get some opinions on their health and possible problems?

Over Watered? Under size pots for sure… they are ready for bigger homes. So long solo cups! What soil. May as well fill out the ticket with all your details.

https://ilgmforum.com/t/ilgm-grow-support-ticket/1458/2

8 Likes

Definitely what @4ftfarmer said. If it were me I would probably wait till she dries out, then transplant. You probably only need to wait a day or 2 to transplant. Best to fully water, then let her almost completely dry puf, then water again. I’m curious, do you have drainage holes in your cup? Next time you can fill them up with more soil. :+1:

8 Likes

The best way to determine how moist the soil is, is by the “swing test”. You want to kinda swing the pot, and try to get used to judging its momentum when wet vs dry. Water is heavy, so it’s pretty distinct.

2 Likes

I’m using BIOALL for soil and yes definitely have drainage holes in the cup. I was also planning on repotting this wknd. Thanks for the input, all is appreciated.

2 Likes

I do have drainage holes. Just inexperienced and worried I’ll screw up the transplant…lol. But at my age I’ve learned everything comes w a learning curve. Time to learn! Thanks…

2 Likes

Just cut all the way down the solo cup with a pair of scissors, then peal it away like a banana. Barely any shock.

1 Like

Will do and thanks again. Going to be a long learning curve. But I’m in it for the long haul!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m with the community transplant into cannabis-friendly soil 5 gallon fabric pot would be a nice choice.
Good luck

2 Likes

Dont cut roots when cutting cup id say cup cup shorter wrap fingers around sten and tip over in hand give a slight push with 1 finger in the bottom center of cup and the root ball will slip right out. Before u do so fill pot with soil and have cup in the pot to backfill around. Leave a hole the size the rootball water the spil down while cup os in the dirt still pull cup out and then take plant out of cup and slip the rootball in the perfect size opening. Use mykos great white if u want ect. Wet soil and dry cup dirt is good. The wet soil will promote the roots to start to work out right away because the cup was dry and surrounding is wet if u feel what im putting down. When u water after pot gets light make sure to water a 6 inch ring around the plant and soak it down again and let it go til dry again and so on. U got this. U made it past seedling so ur good. Have faith. Make sure to smoke a big fatty before and after this work lol.

2 Likes

@Mark0427 is spot on. It’ll look like…

Obviously mine isn’t a dixie cup, but you get the drift

5 Likes

Side note: be sure to fill the pot. It will eventually become a bit compacted by water/feedings and shrink up a bit. Especially if you flush the soil.

1 Like

So I’ve transplanted but have to keep them mobile and somewhat discreet for another couple of weeks. Buying my house and have inspections and appraisal coming. Bumped it up to a 1 gallon pot to buy me some time. Easier to hide and move… Already have 5 gallon cloth pots for final home waiting for them. Thanks so much for your time and information. They seem much happier so far!

2 Likes

They’re good In there for a couple days! You’ll have to stress them again with a bigger pot soon. They say repotting is stressful…but I always think they love it!!!

1 Like

Only a couple of days? I was hoping a couple weeks…maybe should’ve gone 2 gallon?

1 Like

Do what you must! How did your inspection go? All good I hope.

The pots look small in the pic. No worries. I don’t recall if they were photos or autos. I’m growing autos this season so that’s where my mindset is as I like to get them I to their final pot asap!

Sorry for the delayed reply. The inspection was put off 1 month. So I had no choice but to put up the big tent. The 4x2 was getting cramped quick w 9 plants. Pulled a growers fire drill on the morning of the inspection. All 9 into the closet and a total breakdown of the 2 tents and all the fixings w them. Only to put it all back together 5 hours later. As you can see, they’re doing well. I have them all tied down and steched out. I’ll be switching 12/12 in 2-3 weeks.