Feeding schedule help please

I’m using all Fox farms and trying to learn. I did flush everything pH is perfect going in going out it looks good.
My big question I read what it says on the schedule card and is this for the whole week in total each plant should be getting. Example big grow 10 to 15 mL per gallon. I do half what is recommended so I don’t over nutrients. So is this 10-15 ml per gallon for the whole week or every other day.
Yes I’m such a noob I’m going to send some pictures on how crazy my leaves are looking. Thank you for anybody’s input and help thank you thank you

2 Likes

The mix with ff trio is per gallon. Mix the nutrients per which week in a gallon of water. All neutrients in the same gallon but add with some water b4 you mix and never by themselves…then you give them as much as they need. I use 6 gallons for 4 flowering plants. Feed twice per wk on a feed water feed water basis or as needed, maybe in younger veg time only will feed at once a wk bc of them not needing as much. Hope this helps

2 Likes

The Fox Farm feeding schedule is based on 2 waterings per week. So this means a total of 2
gallons a week.

Of course you don’t use this much in the beginning. So what I do is split it up into a 1/2
gallon at no more than 1/2 dose for said week.

As they get bigger, you will go through 2 full gallons a week and you will up the dose to full. Generally after flowers are starting to form.

4 Likes

That must be what I’m doing wrong I’m not mixing all the nutrients in one gallon I’m afraid of too high PPM. Also I’m spacing out my feeding one day Cal mag one day Big Bloom one day another etc. Twice a week feeding the rest water days thank you guys. These were looking good this weekend I don’t know what I nutrients overload these bad boys. Thank you again everybody

1 Like

I do the cal mag on water only day. Well, water only w cal mag lol. I never usually get above 1000ppm w ff

3 Likes

Even filtered water starts out for me in the mid to high 300 ppm. And I just changed the filter again cuz I know I did over a hundred gallons plus. I’ve been keeping it under 900 PPM total. So keep it under a thousand thank you.
My stupid behind made it the most complicated for the first round six plants three different ratios of soil LOL what a newbie

1 Like

Some ppl feed 1500 to 1800 ppm but it really depends on which nutrients you are using. With fox farms my plants would be roasted at that level. Just follow the feed chart at 1/2 strength. Lastly…words of wisdom, during early flower when they call out for open sesame and grow big at same time…watch for nitrogen toxicity. Its really easy depending on strain with that much nitrogen. They will get dark green and “the claw”.

2 Likes

Final question so since I have six plans that would mean 2 gallons each plant of nutrients. And then if I’m going to give mad cal do it on water days. Also I understand nothing set in stone things change as the growing is happening. I’m having loads of fun I hope everybody even if not successful has fun and learning experience thank you everybody

The amount of water depends on how big the pot is. You want 10 to 15% runoff when using nutrients. Hope that clearify’s things

2 Likes

Unless your in livingsoil that is*

3 Likes

You have to be creative. Once my soil has been depleted, I can start using my FF nutrients immediately.

So I have a 32oz spray bottle. I take say 1/4 dose of nutrients and adjust for 32oz of water.

As the plant gets bigger, you have to keep adjusting the numbers till you are using a full 1 gallon per watering and 1/2 to full dose of nutrients twice a week.

Cal-mag should only be used by itself in water.

Did that help clear up things? If not tag me. Gearing down for the night.

Now on brand new FF soil you wait 4 to 6 weeks before needing to add nutrients.

4 Likes

I have so many questions about living soil I’m using SoHum I started a thread asking what nutes can I add.n can’t. I’m doing a slurry test now literature says it only last 3-4 weeks

This doesn’t sound like you are filtering what’s in your water.

What is you TDS without filtering your water?

If I pull tap water I get 249ppm and with a filter it only removes a little amount bringing it to 209ppm. This is a single filter which I assume (?) is what you’re using.

The water I use is through RO to remove the larger amounts.

Tap

Filter

2 Likes

A thought: If you’re using an RO filter your TDS should be very near zero. That’s how you can tell when you need to change filters: when the TDS begins to climb.

Also a consideration: If you’re using RO (or distilled water) you need to add all primary, secondary, and trace minerals back into your water before giving it to your plants.

RO and distilled are great for brewing …not so much for growing. Dechlorinated or dechlorimine tap will contain all the trace minerals your plants need. You can see a list of minerals in your municipality water report. If you’re on a well you can have your water lab tested.

3 Likes

Depends on your system but they can get that close. It’s usually best to install a system specific for your water supply. I have a 10 Stage system, but mine is designed to strip the water and reintroduce the minerals that I want.

Not every RO system will be designed the same. But having water with a high 300ppm and after being ran through any filter sounds like a pretty heavy water.

I am also running my own COCO blend for my plants and using the Advanced Nutrients line.

1 Like

Good morning thank you for the tips everybody I read all of them many times and tried to decipher them all to my newbie brain. So this morning all my PPM runoff is off the chart even though I haven’t used nutrients in many many days. I 100% think my problem is not enough runoff. Also next round I’m going to get different kind of pots and run off sauces that’s for another time.
Go back to the filter I’m just using a basic Brita filter my ppms coming from the tap I just looked now 3:35 filtered water is like 3:15 PPM. I live in a decent town where I know the water is not bad I don’t drink it myself brushing teeth or something. And I’ve been an avid water drinker only for 25 years I can tell your stories how I was treated 25 years ago for just wanting to drink water.
So what I think I’m going to do is just use the tap water I feel it’s pretty okay filter in water is just taking out whatever
To go back to my problem I don’t know if it’s nutrients burn or something going on but I will be trying to figure this out this weekend.
Nutrients today let you know how it works out thank you

If you are using tap water, make sure to remove chlorine or chloramine prior to any other adjustments.
* Chlorine: just fill a bucket and let it sit for ~48 hrs. Depending on the volume, surface area, concentration, etc the chlorine should dissipate in a cpl days.
* Chloramine: a granulated active carbon filter is probably the best way to eliminate chloramine from tap water. Sodium metabisulfate (Camden tablets) will do it but I doubt you want that in your plant’s water.

1 Like

My stupidity use 3 different medium ratio for all 3 pots. Now I’m really thinking it’s a cal mag problem. I just changed filters. I’m just a newbie idiot having fun thank you everybody for your input hope everybody had an awesome weekend. I’m watching the Patriots and getting hammered by Brady LOL go pats

So, in theory, you could water with the RO waste water right?

If you mean the waste water produced when the filters strip contamination from water as a byproduct of producing the zero TDS water; I wouldn’t.

The concentration of contamination will be increased in the waste water. While contaminants should be at a safe level at the concentration straight out of the tap, the same cannot be said for the increased concentration in the waste water.

That’s another reason I don’t like RO water: it is a fairly wasteful process.