Feeding of Nutes

Might be a dumb question but going to ask it anyway. Can you mix Cal/Mag and Bloom nutes in one gallon of water? If yes how many nute types can you mix together? Or should I feed only 1 thing at a time?

5 Likes

I mix 3-4 different nutrient in 1 gallon of water. Just add the ones that have the highest nitrogen levels first

4 Likes

Ok thanks!

2 Likes

I think most folks add when they are watering, thought I heard something about if u mix with nutes , it has to be in a certain order

3 Likes

Hummm, maybe someone chime in on that.

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

First grow i mixed em all up. Since then ive separated and other nutes. And only use calmag on pure watering days. But i use emuls and organics and my calmag is a synthetic nutrient…

Thats really why i separate them. No idea how they play together

2 Likes

Just a thought that mixing fertilizers can be toxic and the different elements combined at once can cause a chemical reaction. Use one at the time is my suggestion unless you know that periodic table very well and chemical reactions! Please be careful!

1 Like

It makes sense if you think about it: let’s look at General Hydroponics Flora line: They have ‘Grow’, ‘Micro’, ‘Bloom’, along with a bunch of supplements. One of them: Armor Si, must be used before anything else. All of the others are packaged separately as they will not store well together. If you look on the feed schedule it will tell you what to use first.

I thought i read on here someone saying that it will turn to glue if not mixed in the right order, so i just add mine on only water days, i do smoke alot so i could have misread

2 Likes

Yeah; it looks like RTV silicone.

Right and they require that if you use calcium mag mix it in first.

1 Like

Makes total sense to me. Like all chemistry and pharma. It’s not what you combine it’s the order in which you combine them that creates different results. I found out the hard way don’t mix chem when I melted my 5th grade baseball uniform trying to mix a bunch of cleaners to get the dirt out. That’s why I use FF or omri organic products only.

Hi guys I’m a total noob. I have the Bergman beginner grow kit. I’m following the grow guide but it doesn’t say if you add the nutrient everyday or once a week?

From I read on here, you water with nutes, then you water with straight PH water. I guess salts build up in the soil from the nutes and then the clear water rinses them away. I personally feed nutes 2 times a week rest is regular PH balanced water. I’m no Pro maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

1 Like

@SeaSeaside_guy1 I usually only do nutes 2 to 3 times a week. I don’t do full strength so it works out for me.

The other days I just give plain filtered tap water.

1 Like

Same here feed, water, feed, water

2 Likes

Cant do that doing pure hydro lol! That’s why I’m going to try a soiless mix this winter.

1 Like

Promix HP baby!

3 Likes

Do you use GH nutes with that pro mix?

1 Like