Feeding/Nutrients Questions

@zFiNeSsez

I’m not expert as this is my second grow, but I don’t believe you want aluminium foil to reflect light as it can cause hot spots. If anything paint the inside of your “tent flat white”.

Is that correct @Countryboyjvd1971?

3 Likes

@zFiNeSsez

And when using LED lights you want to shoot for around 35-50 true watts per square foot of space.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct on the foil and flat, white paint. Good advice. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thst is correct @dmykins foil is not the best for lining your grow space for that reason

Flat whit paint or using a product like panda plastic is best imo

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Black-White-Panda-Film/dp/B018VI6ZUQ?tag=greenrel-20

They have bigger rolls as well

1 Like

Do you have your own thread ? Curious
Welcome to the forum @zFiNeSsez
I would recommend following feeding schedule for your selected nutrient line ? I have uses those products myself and cant speak for them knowledgeably
Your logic seems to be on the right track tho
If you have a thewad or start one tag me in

1 Like

You can use nectar every time you water because of the way the nutes are delivered with calcium bonding and not nitrogen uptake less chance of nute burn ive been using nectar of the gods for over a year no nute burn but watch closely for nitrogen deficiency I just go heavy on the medusa’s magic.
There are a lot of great videos on youtube on how to use nectar of the gods nutes.

2 Likes

Listen for your info guys

Foil will not burn your plants. But it’s not the best for reflectivity it’s about 60%, white paint is 60 to 85%, a grow tent is the best obviously but foil won’t burn your plants

1 Like

Hot spots doesn’t equate to burning it means the light is less evenly reflected :wink: so I would say the suggestion was spot on titanium white is most reflective paint but Panda plastic has the advantage of easy cleaning sealing in moisture and for those using space shorter term easily removed. If you have ever emptied a grow space at midnight because a surprise visit was on the way tents and panda plastic are far less obvious than new white paint in one area of a room. Been there done that :wink:

2 Likes

@zFiNeSsez

Yea I would stick with something that has proven results. Even the article states it should be used only as an absolute last resort.