Feeding/Nutrients Questions

I have read here that people will alternate with feed then water then feed then water, or some sort of combination.

If I am watering my plant every two to three days, would I really be giving her nutrients(Nectar for the Gods) up to 3 times a week?

Also, just so I am aware, if nute burn was to occur, does it start with the bottom leaves?

Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

When I grow in soil, I only feed every other watering. I couldn’t tell you what my run off Ppms were at because I havent had a plant in soil since last year but I can tell you unless I was doing half strength or less in my nutrient solution then my soil plants hated being fed every watering.

If I was doing full strength nutrients in soil it seemed like I could almost go two waterings with no nutrients

4 Likes

@TDubWilly

Thank you, that’s what I was figuring. I will kinda give it some space in between feedings.

As far as nute burn, does it start with the bottom leaves first or new growth?

2 Likes

Nute burn will normally start in the tips of the leaves. From there, I normally notice it will continue down the “saw” of the leaf.

I believe that depending on which nutrient is over concentrated can change exactly where nute burn starts but I normally see it start on older growth.

@Donaldj probably have a better answer than me on this

3 Likes

When I do soil (like now) I use nothing until flower and rely on the nutrients locked in the soil.

4 Likes

Lol I thought you were in coco

2 Likes

This round I wanted to do soil and feed with worm castings. Just for different.

2 Likes

Lol I like mixing it up too!

2 Likes

Nutrient burn can be less fussy where it starts if you run intense lighting it can start on new growth easily enough

3 Likes

@Donaldj

You guys are awesome… here’s another question…how long does it take after feeding to show nute burn? Is there an average time?

2 factors how warm is your space and how fast are your plants drinking in cooler grow space plants drink less think of it as drinking beer drink them slow and you don’t get plastered hammer them back and you’re wasted. Plants drinking slow take days to show burn fast can see burn within first day after feed, Nutrient burn is the result of a plant drinking and lifting nutrients out of soil faster than it can consume them and use them larger plants spread the nutrients over many leaves. Smaller plants aren’t able to process them as quickly resulting in nutrients building up in leafs.

4 Likes

@Donaldj

That makes perfect sense. I did a light feeding last weekend and the soil has dried and been watered since then and I see no issues.

1 Like

Im using nectar & feed, feed, water.

3 Likes

@Laurap

How old is your plant?

1 Like

Right now my plants are seedlings. Last grow i started nutes when there was 5-6 true leaves. And groe before that i feed water fed water but like the feed feed water better.

3 Likes

@Laurap

Awesome. I just did a slight feeding last week and have been watering in between. I will be feeding again tomorrow. What medium did you use? Soil?

1 Like

Yes a forgiving soil grower.

1 Like

It is said to water with nutrients once a week, or if you want once every twice weeks, you don’t want to create a nutrient lock because of over using of chemicals, you want to just give them that little extra here and there to help grow them faster and bigger to help with yield and faster veg stage to switch into flowering faster.

Im
With @Laurap in feed feed water schedule ive Been running with that myself and works great imo
You don’t have peaks and valleys in the nutrient level in soil since your feeding twice in a row
As far as feeding goes or watering if my schedule carries me into the next week ? I don’t personally use a calendar :calendar: when growing
They are only good as estimating harvest etc and general guide imo

1 Like

But I almost have a question a bout nutrients, I’m just starting my.nutrients and I was looking for a good ration, I did research and I found 3-1-2 for veg and 1-3-2 for flowering stage, and any variation of that. So currently with the chemicals I have here;

I used the 8-0-0 as 1ml to add that little extra nitrogen boost but won’t be using regularly, it will be a once in a great while. So I used 1ml per gallon, then the other two will be my main growing nutrients til flowering. They are roots organic 2-0.25-2 and 3-1-1. So I doubled both to be 10-2.50-6. Because from the information I gathered, a good ration of 9-3-6 for veg is optimal. And we’ll I couldn’t get that exactly and 10- 2.50 - 6 is pretty darn close. My question is what does everyone else think on this situation, am I wrong? Is my formula mixed up and should it be different, should I used.more or less? Any feed back is great my plants are 1 month today and they aren’t looking as big as I would like but most of them looked bag and I had to trim.seedlings and now they’re mini for now, but I had three or four that are good and one that will most likely by my.mother I just topped her and I am cloning the top, and just the first top has created 4 new colas,
So worst case scenario, my grow may take a little longer, but the main plant will have 32 colas at least by the time I’m finished. But mainly I just need some.feedback, its my first grow, and I was going to go natural no chemicals, but I got some free chemicals from.samples from.a boy who owns a shop that sells all the supplies needed, i built my.own tent with alimumun foil, and I use a 9 band 300watt 100 3 watt led light and a 500watt mini work heat light, with a fan going for 7 plants and the clone now, too little light? The space is probably 2foot wide by 4 foot closet. Like sorry for straying off topic a little but, by main question is the chemical ratio and how much of it I’m using. Any input would be great.

2 Likes