Feedback on sprouts

I’m on day 5 from planting seeds and my seeds started to pop after 48 hours. I’ve ran into so trouble and the zipper on my tent broke so it doesn’t close all the way. I was wonder if that could effect that seedlings. Everything else is steady temps are good and light is good. Here are some pics taken today.

1 Like

Your lights are to far. Thus the long stretch in the pucs. :+1:

4 Likes

@MrPeat is dead on with lights to far away. I’d also add you can top off those cups with more soil to help with the stretch. Anything below soil becomes roots.

4 Likes

Yep, lower the lights, fill up the cups with potting soil. Tell us the light you are using and we can tell you what distance it should be.

3 Likes

Mars Hydro tsw 2000 I had it at 24 inches and then raised it cause i thought it was too much light for them. I have it dimmed all the way down too

I’d move it back down to about 24" and run at about 30% power.

Also want a fan blowing between the light and the tops of the sprouts, helps keep them cool and stregthens the stems. Want some air movement, not blowing them over like a hurricane.

1 Like

Thank u very much @Hellraiser @MrPeat @Bow4Buck appreciate the help. I’m also running an Ac infinity t6 with a 6” carbon filter. Would it be ok to vent the exhaust back in to the vent? My tent is in my living room right under my ac vent.

3 Likes

If you vent it back into the tent you will create a loop that will cause the temperatures inside the tent to run out of control.

No expertise other then leaning through experience that you need to move the heat away from the grow space…

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t do that, will deplete that air of CO2 rather quickly, need fresh air in.

1 Like

Thanks @Hellraiser I appreciate all your help. I’m upgrading to a new 4x4 tent cause the zipper thread on my current tent broke and I can’t close it. So my question is should I add another light or just upgrade it? The mars hyrdo tsw 2000 has flowering footprint of 3x3. I really like the hlg 550 rspec u have

1 Like

For a 4x4 tent I would just upgrade the light as the tsw 2000 is not really the right shape for covering a 4x4 and even adding another would not cover wall to wall very well. The 550 Rsepc would work well for that or a couple HLG 260W XL’s or HLG 320W XL’s would be even better for even more light and coverage.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help fellas. Thanks to the advice from @Hellraiser @Bow4Buck @MrPeat. I lowered my lights and added more soil and now the babies look much much better

5 Likes

Indeed they do, good job, you may still need to add a crutch to help hold them steady till they strengthen, that 1 is still pretty tall. I use toothpicks, bbq sticks, just give them a prop up if needed

1 Like

I was using the lil label marker

i would suggest venting your exhaust outside the room your tent is in.
the zipper wont be a problem in veg, but come flowering time it definitely can be a cause of problem due to light leaks.

1 Like

@Hellraiser how about the hlg 600w 288 v2 rspec kit. They have it on sale right now

That would be a great light as well.

1 Like

Mo powa! You must increase your power consumption! Cannabis is a light hog.

Nice, way to be resourceful. The one looks leggy still but the light breeze fluttering the leaves and it should be strong enough to stand on its own soon.

1 Like