FECO-QWET question

I’m wondering if anyone can give some input. I have done QWET 3 times now. The first time with trimmings, the second with a combo two strains and now with just one of the strains. The first time, it was dark in color. The second a nice amber color. Both times when I would come in, I could smell the alcohol evaporating off. This time, there is a strong smell of weed that is about as strong as the alcohol. The color looks somewhat amber, but maybe a little darker.

Any idea of why it has a strong weed smell? Did I not decarb it properly? I believe I did 40 minutes in the oven at 230 degrees… Its just weird.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Did you do the process exactly the same each time? Did you grind the bud or just break it up?

I cut it up with scissors. The only thing I did differently this time was after decarbing, i let it cool on the counter, then put it in the freezer and added the alcohol the next day. The second time i did it, i let the jar cool and then added the alcohol once cooled.

I do the shake hard then freeze for 15 min, shake and freeze until an hour is up. Then strain it through the coffee filter.

As I’m typing this, one.thing I did do, which I hadn’t before was squeeze the coffee filter to get all of the alcohol out. Could that have been the difference?