February Snow storm

Hope everyone is doing ok with this winter storm.

7 Likes

Most definitely hope all stays safe through this storm an warm, so many without power, thoughts an prayers for you,

2 Likes

We didn’t get too much snow here (Colorado Springs) but BOY it got cold! -23F last night. It was 19 below at 8 p.m. last night. Did the whole boiling water thrown in the air trick.

7 Likes

Holy smokes bro. Hope I never have to feel that

1 Like

No wind so it really wasn’t bad outside. The dogs don’t like it as their tootsies get cold though haha.

3 Likes

4 below here and now i feel glad we got that!
23 below … Yikes!

1 Like

Wait wait… @Myfriendis410 did you have anyone to take pictures of the boiling water? We’re sitting almost comfortably in the 50s after several below 20 here. New England weather…

1 Like

My wife video taped it and put it up on Facebook haha. That was only at 10 below: we got down to -22 that night.

2 Likes

That’s awesome

1 Like

I’m south of Houston. Been out of power since 3am yesterday. Down to 38* inside. They turned off water this morning. They don’t plan on turning power back on until Friday at the earliest. Not because lines are down but because, supposedly, the freaking state of Texas can’t produce enough power needed. All gas stations are out of gas and there is no propane to be found. Luckily my flowering plants were close to done but my veg plants are suffering. This is a 2020 thing. Not supposed to be a 2021 thing.

2 Likes

So when u t g rew the hot water in the air did it instantly look like it was a pile of snow thrown in the air. I did it 2 years ago for my kids and it looked like i had snow in the pot not water lol. It was pretty sweet but 15 mins to boil the water and 2 seconds to watch ot go away lol.

2 Likes

I just nuked a cup and carried it out: it turned to vapor before it hit the ground.

5 Likes

Same here i did a pot with aboit a gallon of water. A few drops made it to the ground the rest looked like powdered snow that just blew away with the wind.

3 Likes

I know that’s cold an I feel for yal, never felt it that cold, but i think that would be a ba experiment for my kids to watch, I didn’t know it would do that

Edit. That fast

1 Like

Not a post to like @BobbyDigital but I did read it, man yal are out of gas an all your way? Have yal still not gained power back?

1 Like

We have had 36" of snow last 2 weeks and currently have 26" of snow cover, with temperatures of -9. Fun stuff!

2 Likes

Yikes, dude! We got 4 inches when it was 22 below and it’s pretty much all gone. More coming in tonight but supposed to be in the 50’s by Sunday. Colorado is crazy!

2 Likes

We are suppose to warm up next week too.

2 Likes

Here’s A cool thing to do with the kids.
Fill water balloons with food color. Add water then place outside. Or course peel of the ballon once frozen

2 Likes

Oh man cool. I gotta try some of this