February 2021 Bud of the Month contest

Just wondering what I need to do to claim my seeds.

3 Likes

Latewood will message you privately.
Hes been quite busy of late so just hang on.
Congrats btw.

5 Likes

nice I am on day 4 of my Zkittles and Low Ryder autos. First time with autos, any advice? I am using 3 gallon bags with natures living soil for autos.

@oldguygettingbackin I have grown 3 Zkittles auto’s now and each one was very different than the others. I’ve done Gorilla glue x 3 and they all came out reasonably similar. So, I may have gotten a strange batch of seeds, or there is a lot of variation to the strain. 1 grew to 4.5 feet, another was short and bushy maybe 2.5 feet. I have consistently gotten bud rot in the Zkittles so keep your humidity down. I thought more water was better for the plants at first, but have settled into an every 3 day routine. I use 5 gallon grow bags though, so you may have to water more frequently with 3 gallon, and I suggest you upsize your next batch, if your plant gets to 4.5 feet it will dwarf the 3 gallon grow bag.

If you have any questions as you go, feel free to tag me. I’m pretty new to this having gotten my medical card which allows me to grow last summer, but I’ve gone through a lot of newbie mistakes by now so maybe I can help you avoid the ones I made.

The most important piece of advice is if you are going to invest money in growing the most important thing you will buy is your lights, but you said you are new to auto’s not growing so maybe you’re all set with equipment.

1 Like

thanks a ton. did a little indoor back in the day… switched lights from hid and hps to 600 watt equivalent leds this go around. Have done tons of outside work and been very pleased with that. will move the autos outside in about 20 days. think i should transplant or just stay with my bags?

@oldguygettingbackin I would transplant, and to be honest, I think I’m upsizing to 7 gallon bags if I do auto’s again. Some went over 4 months, you just never know when they will start flowering.

On the 600 watt equivalent, I originally bought a “Bloomspect” 1000 watt equivalent light, except it wasn’t really a 1000 watt equivalent. There are some led diodes out now that can outperform a HPS lamp, but it’s not by much, and the lights that claim to be 600w or 1000w or 2000w equivalent are generally not using the good led diodes but red and blue and purple ones. The actual draw from the wall is what you’re getting, not the bogus rating the company gave them. I fell for that when I started, but returned them within the 30 day window after finding out a little more on this forum. But if you are just vegging them and finishing outdoors it may not matter.

A post was merged into an existing topic: ILGM BOM Contest Feb 2023