Fast little question for anyone who may know

So I ended up transplanting all my little guys into larger pots but there was one that I had to leave in a solo cup because I didn’t have room in my grow box so I figured just for the heck of it instead of letting it die in a solo cup I would go ahead and put it into a 5 gal pot and stick it by a window my house is surrounded by woods do you guys think it will get enough sun light sitting in the window to grow up? It’s not summer time I know the weather has been a little bipolar lately end of February but the past few days had some 70 degree weather here and there the sun comes through the window real good early in the morning but mid day it’s not exactly bright I was just curious if anyone has done a grow in their window before and how it turned out its either a hit or miss like I said my other plants are doing good I just figured instead of letting her die in a cup I’d give her a shot at a longer life in a much larger pot my main concern is the sunlight not being bright enough maybe their is a method or a trick to giving her more nutrition or something. Anyway just figured I’d ask

1 Like

You would have to add some supplemental lighting so it gets the proper amount of lighting . You’ll have to see how many hours of light are in a day right now and how much that window is getting it then add lights on a timer to add the extra light to keep them vegging

2 Likes

Hi and Welcome! Not sure we’ve met.

Often times a window just isn’t enough light. I can’t say there is no window out there that does provide enough, but often they don’t.

I’d suggest keeping a couple 6500K CFL’s on hand in case you start to see stretching.

Also, are you checking your water PH? Kinda looks like maybe not.

Good luck! Everyone here loves to help!

1 Like

Hey Matthew I’ve seen you pop up ina few posts here and there good to meet ya! Honestly as I’ve told a few others on here I’m so new to growing this is actually my very first indoor grow ever one time when I was a kid I popped some bag seeds in the dirt out back and surprisingly they did well out of 15 plants only two flowered but for a back yard grow as a kid it was pretty cool! Indoor this is my first go around so tbh with you I have no idea what ph even means and how I would check that? I’m assuming it had to do with testing the water before I feed it to the plants??

2 Likes

You came to the correct place for help my friend :slight_smile:

PH is in reference to the acidity or alkaline level of water. Cannabis plants, IN SOIL, want to be at 6.5-6.6.

In this range, your plant will be able to consume the nutrients needed to flourish. If out of the range, you will see all kinds of problems as the plant isn’t getting what it needs, or too much in some cases.

Think of PH as a door in your roots to let in nutrients. If not at 6.5-6.6 the door is basically closed. You want it open :slight_smile:

The easiest way to check is with a digital PH meter. The PH can then be adjusted with a product known as PH UP and PH Down. Links below. These products can also be found at pet stores normally.

Check the water every time you water. PH IS CRITICAL! I adjust a gallon at a time.

I hope this helps. Tag me or a mentor if you want more details…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017J5GQHY/ref=sr_ph_1?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=pd_bxgy_469_img_3?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Totally agree Matthew! Check your ph run off. Adjust H2O to get it around 6.0 (I go a little more acidic) .The soil should have plenty of nutrient until flowering.
Remember ph, ph, ph, ph!

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to get into runoff as the plant is too small to water enough to get runoff… I’d stick with PH’ing the water to 6.5 for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure. Agreed. :+1::beer:

2 Likes

Hold that thought for a few weeks from now though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Boofnadu420
Just wanted to say hello and I’ll leave it at that your in good hands lol
I agree with @Matthew420 and the other about the window sill lighting this time of year not sure where you live but in ny the sun isnt strong enough in a few weeks you should be ok once spring sunlight starts your close lol
Happy growing brother good luck :grin:CB

1 Like

In the northern hemisphere we won’t be ready for natural light until after the Spring Equinox when we start getting more than 12 hours per day of light. The angle of the sun now will also cut a lot of the beneficial light from getting thru.

2 Likes

Hellyeah I’ll take all the advice I can get and I can tell alot of people on here have good experience with this stuff good to meet ya brotha I’ll keep everyone posted on the progress of my first indoor run around so far so good I think next time I’m going to invest in a legit grow tent so I have much more room and don’t run into these problems again lol

1 Like

That’s what I did started with homemade setup and realized if o wanted to play with the big boys I had to step it up hahaha
Keep me in the loop bro :v:CB

1 Like

Downloading the free grow bible will be a tremendous help… Download the Marijuana Grow Bible

Good stuff in there…

1 Like