Fan suggestions

As always, you’re going to be the one there looking at and dealing with it. So do whatever you feel works best. It may only go down so far, you’ll have to test it and see. If that’s the case, you can set speed on intake fan to never exceed what you will be exhausting at bare minimum I would think. Will obviously take some testing and tinkering.

That’s exactly what I meant by deadband sorry. Not really sure how they label it in manual, hysteresis maybe? But ya at least maybe check it out in manual for future tuning options. Sounds like it’s working good now, and we don’t like fixing stuff that ain’t broke haha.

1 Like

No adjustments on speed control. There is adjustments for temperature control. 4° or 2°
When selecting the smart mode, it will only run at the maximum speed that you selected in the ON position. So if you want maximum speed, select high. Or you can set it differently if you only want medium as the fastest speed, for decibel/noise purposes I imagine. Overall this is enough adjustment for my purpose, and it’ll work just fine. I’ll select high because I don’t care how loud it is, as long as my heat gets evacuated. Lol @dbrn32

1 Like

Good deal. Even on high, it’s still pretty quiet right?

Reasonable. It does make some noise. I could always do some video and link it here through YouTube if you’re interested enough. There’s no ductwork and I’m not sure how that would contribute or change the noise. Product says 35db, and with out a meter I would believe them. I can’t hear it outside the shed unless I’m right next to it. No complaints. @dbrn32 its 20db quieter than some of the other models I came across. With less wattage. 30W .6 amps I think.

2 Likes

Nah, I was just curious. The 4” is ridiculously quiet even compared to my hyperfan, which is suppose to be one of the more quiet models. There’s a big difference in cfm between the two as well.

What’s the difference in CFM on those two? The difference between the two I was looking at was 152CFM more. @dbrn32

I think the 4” ac infinity fan is about 150cfm, and the 6” hyperfan is around 350cfm.

Here’s the quick specs. I was wrong on some numbers. It’s actually quieter.
Duct Size: 6” | Dimensions: 7.9 x 12.6 x 8.4 in. | Airflow: 351 CFM | Noise: 32 dBA | Bearings: Dual Ball

The other 6” fan that was less efficient did the 150 something CFM more. @dbrn32

150 is pretty weak for 6”. I’ll go find the stuff on my 6”. I was really happy with it until I got the 4”. If I need a bigger fan I’ll be going ac infinity all the way. Plus I think I paid $140 for the hyperfan and another $80 for the temp controller which was a real pain to get.

Here is fan, I was wrong it’s 315 cfm

1 Like

Temp controller

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0792SGMM4?tag=greenrel-20

Edit here to add for anyone following along, that this fancy stuff is absolutely not necessary to grow weed. But it sure can make life a whole lot easier! The ac infinity has this stuff built in at a lower price. One advantage the hyper fan would have us that it’s ac infinity is that it’s available in up to 10” with over 1000 cfm, and they have muffled models available as well.

2 Likes

@dbrn32, I have a 6" 710 cfm Hyper Fan and I love it. Only problem I had was matching it up with the correct size filter to prevent restrictions. It’s quit too. I can’t say enough about how good it is.

2 Likes

That’s a ton of air for 6”! Where did you find it?

1 Like

@dbrn32, I found it on Dealzer’ website. I actually have their 8" fan. I paid around $250.00…

1 Like

One end is reduced down to 6" and the other was 8".

1 Like

Gotcha, that makes more sense!

Ya I think someone would have to be extremely picky to not like the hyper fan. I went through three of the standard ac operated inline fans and controllers before dropping the cash on hyper fan. What a nightmare!

2 Likes

@dbrn32 after browsing the ac infinity website, they have all of those fans available at the end of 3/18. Check out the specs on the largest fan they offer! I have to say they have truly respectable numbers. Just wanted to share what I found. In case you or another member might be interested. If these large fans are as quiet and as efficient my 6” is they would have to love the 10”.
Duct Size: 10” | Dimensions: 8.5 x 15.2 x 9.2 in. | Airflow: 1011 CFM | Noise: 39 dBA | Bearings: Dual Ball
Half tempted to buy the largest one, but I really don’t need it. The 8” one though. Then move the 6” one to the veg event. I think this weekend I’m going to clear out that space to get the ball rolling. I keep looking at it, every time I go in there… so I guess that’s that. Haha.

1 Like

I remember taking a peek at them when I bought the 4”, but I couldn’t imagine ever needing anything bigger than the 6”. Maybe someone like @WillyJ could fly with a 10” lol.

I was out in the garage attempting to organize my bench when it dawned on me how to fit the cobs and qb into a tight enough frame to fit my tent. I’m going to need a bigger tent lol. If I go up to a 3x3 like footprint it won’t be a problem at all.

3 Likes

All out of likes @dbrn32 but I like where you’re going with that…

1 Like

Sude that is a sweet set up
Ill let you yest drive it
I may be getting one of those as well id it works out to use as a tempering fan in grow space more them a exhaust
Ill need to have a way to pull cool air frim my flower room and into veg space with out cooling veg space to much so i think thats a winner woohoo
Keep me posted my friend and hope all is well

1 Like