Fan suggestions

I see that this an old post but looks like a good place for me to post my questions rather than start a new topic.

I’m looking at 3 different makes for an 8” inline fan.

AC Infinity T8
740 CFM
Mixed flow design
12’ corded sensor probe
8.5”x12”x9”
Weight?
180w / 2.27 amps
39 dBA
Made in ?
Warranty ?
Intelligent controller - nice features but doesn’t have ability to always have fan running if you set the temp or humidity settings as once it reaches say 75f it completely turns the fan off until temps go above 75. I could be wrong on this but as far as I can tell from manual/reviews etc it doesn’t have Hyteria so if set to Auto with temp or humidity setting it will be off if below/above setting.
Cost $200

Can Pro Series
863 CFM
Mixed flow design
No Probe but built in 3 speed controller - I believe I read it’s not compatible with other controllers (variable type)
13” x 11” x ?
9.8 lbs
186 watts / 1.6 amps
dBA ?
Made in Germany
5 year warranty
$180
Not sure if the standard 3 fan speed setting would be optimal

Hyper fan
710 CFM
Mixed flow design
Built in variable speed controller 35% to 100%
Optional climate controller for more control $100 extra
11” x 11” x 8”
6.5 lbs
75 watts / .65 amps ?
dBA ?
Made in ?
Warranty 5 years
$180 for fan additional $100 for advanced climate controller

If anyone has these fans I would like some feedback.
If there are other models that I should consider please let me know.
One of my deciding factors is getting the best hands off control of the tents (4.5’ x 8’ x 7’) environment. The other is the operating cost running this fan essentially 24/7 365 and the big differences in the models above watts/amps usage and the electric cost to run it say over 4-5 years. For example comparing the Infinity 180 watts and the Hyper fan 75 watts (supposedly numbers are at max speed) there would be quite a bit of saving from electrical consumption of $250-350 or more over the years of use going with the Hyper Fan and I believe the optional controller is able to keep it running at low speed until set temp is reached where it will ramp up speed until setting is met.
A couple minor considerations are size and weight.

One drawback I notice with the Hyper Fan is the lack of a collar to use a clamp on the filter side (intake) and only have seen that connection using duct tape so unless aligned perfectly with filter (pita) may not seal very well. I guess I’m just used to using clamps with connecting ductwork…lol

Anyway if anyone has any thoughts or some feedback if you have one of these models or don’t but have another not listed that I should consider I’m all ears. - doesn’t have to be the same inch size - I would appreciate the input.

Thanks and HAGD

2 Likes