Fan fell on my photo period blue haze

@Graysin I have a question my plants are in week 9 day 4 of flower and they recommend 10 weeks, I just watered them ph water with no nutes and ppm runoff came out at 11 on them should I keep feeding it plain ph water till they are ready for harvest since they are almost done? Don’t want to mess up now seeing a number so low is giving me anxiety lol :laughing:

1 Like

How do the trichomes look on the ladies? I think you’re so close it likely won’t matter much but I’d like to see the trichomes and know if they’re getting cloudy/amber before I say not to worry about it.

Here’s a few examples of trichomes that are close enough that I wouldn’t stress it:

This is the best picture I could get with my jewelers loupe lol sorry if it’s bad quality hope it helps

1 Like

There is some amber in there.

2 Likes

It does. I’d say you’re far enough along to just give her water and let her tell you when she’s done.

1 Like

Ahh awesome thank y’all for helping me out @GreggT

1 Like

So yesterday my daughter messed with the timer while I was at work and I forgot to fix it therefore my plants got 4 extra hours of light in your experience do you think they will be okay or should I give them 4 extra hours of darkness the lights usually come on at 5 pm and off at 5 AM should I let it go and just stick to the usual lighting schedule or should I give it a little extra darkness

1 Like

I would stick stick to your schedule. They just got a little extra TV time!! lol

1 Like

Yep. One time no big deal.

This is the way. Think of it like the night of the full moon. Way more light out that night than any other night that month. Plants won’t care about a one time interruption. The key is you caught it early. :v:

1 Like

Awesome good to know! :rofl::ok_hand:

What do y’all think is she ready to come down or not just yet btw way ppm is in 800 for one and 200 on another last feeding was an error with the meter I got a new one, anyway im not sure if I should wait till the nutes are out before harvesting or if it doesn’t matter also I seen some people do 48 hour darkness period before chopping it down should I do that ?
@Graysin

1 Like

Doesn’t matter, really. I prefer to harvest when they’re ready, whenever that is.

There’s some info out there that suggests that it may even be detrimental to do 48 hrs of dark.

Check this out, right around 2:08 Dr. Bruce Bugbee goes into why dark periods don’t really make sense - 48 Hours Of LIGHT Before Harvest! - YouTube

I just harvest when ready. I used to aim for right after lights came on (so 12 hrs dark) but honestly I’ve done it both ways - whenever I remember to harvest and at 12 hrs dark period, and it doesn’t seem to make a difference either way.

As an aside, what’s going on here?

Got it thanks for the information I’ll pass on that then and I noticed it to on the picture I honestly have no idea what it is

1 Like

That’s how it looks from afar I think I just squished the top with the lens

1 Like

Yesterday they turned 10 weeks going to be harvesting soon I’m starting to see amber and mostly cloudy trichomes

1 Like

@Graysin can you tell from this picture if my plant got “nanners” I plucked them off carefully off most of my very top buds should I harvest asap or can I let them finish they were all this size or smaller

2 Likes

Looks nanner like.

If you have other younger plants flowering nearby, I’d harvest ASAP. If everyone is around the same age, let it ride. It’s so far along it won’t do harm to itself or others of a similar age.

2 Likes

Awesome good to know I can wait I wasn’t ready to chop them off just yet their stacking up a lot more lately I see them different each day

1 Like

Was not planning on bringing them down yet but yesterday I found a couple seeds on my nuggs and I panicked didn’t want anymore to develop so I hung them up I know if I would have let them finish they would be bigger any advice as to how to prevent this in my next grow over all I’m not upset it’s my first grow and I’m learning I’ll keep y’all posted to see how much yield I got

1 Like

Stress on plants causes nanners. Sometimes it’s just genetic. Heat stress is a common cause.

2 Likes