Fan fell on my photo period blue haze

I generally start watering to run off once they hit the 4th-5th node or around week 2 of veg. FF Happy Frog will feed them for roughly 4 weeks. Testing the PPMs of the run off will let you know what nutrients are left in the medium and how much nutrients to add as well as testing the PH. I shoot for 1000 PPMs and a PH of 6.5 for soil :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Awesome Iā€™ll start next week this week is week one of veg I already have a ph meater and test the water before hand but how do I measure the ppms is their an additional meter I need to purchase?

1 Like

Good deal, yes youā€™ll need a TDS pen. It measures parts per million (PPM). Youā€™ll need this for testing run off and mixing nutrients. I love my Blue Lab. When you look at feed schedules youā€™ll notice the PPMs by growth stage they recommend :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Awesome Iā€™ll head over to Amazon then thank you!

1 Like

:point_up_2: my go to place. Tag me if you need anything :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

All taken care of @JENNYLYN95 and @Spiney_norman

5 Likes

What size pot do you all recommend I start for the new seed I just started this first time I started with a one gallon pot and the watering was pretty confusing being a first timer tbh I wish I had started with a smaller pot so thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing now just want to know how small I should go

1 Like

I absolutely had my light crash down on all 4 of my first grow! They are so resilient and they will come back even after a disaster!

1 Like

As a first time grower who has been panicking seeing her so sick I appreciate you taking the time to tell me your experience and that it turned out okay! Just in case I have a seedling currently soaking in water though her leaves are currently super crispy for the most part :sob::laughing:

1 Like

I usually start in solo cups, then transplant to a larger container. 5 gallon is as large as I would go for indoor growing. I am currently using coco in 3 gallon containers.

4 Likes

Same here. I grew in coco with 1 gallon bags last grow. Did pretty well but the plants got pretty dry each day. Went back to 3 gallon this time. Seems the perfect size for coco in the tent. Soils I feel a 5 is better as it lets you water on average every 3 days during the fast growth of flowering.

3 Likes

I have questions if anyone has an opinion on my 2 plants the older plant has slight canoe leaves and someone advised to adjust temp from 70-75 which I did and humidity 60-70 and hang up my clip on fan that had killed my other plant I never put it back up till yesterday afternoon so my question is do the yellowish leaves mean anything to you guys temp has never been over 80 and my PPFD now is 500 I had moved it from 400 to 600 and thatā€™s when leaves canoed a bit and yellowed I was advised to bring PPFD down to 500 for a week so I did that too and secondly my seedling is 3 days old today does she look okay or does she look stretched out she has ppfd of 300 since I planted on 9/15

@OGIncognito if you can please take a look at my post and give me your opinion Iā€™d appreciate it

Iā€™d be evaluating your root drainage and watering practices before considering the light or other factors, probably.

Wait til the pot is dry and light (when theyā€™re small like that, a dry pot can be knocked over or moved with a one-finger push) before you water again. Iā€™m assuming soil (sorry if you said and I just didnā€™t read), so it will likely take 2-3 days if not more for her to need water. Also ensure you have lots of holes at the bottom of the container - roots that sit in stagnant water will rot and become problematic, if not outright kill your plant.

1 Like

Thanks for your response I have never watered her till runoff as of yet I always misted her and waited 2-3 days before watering however in the past week I have been watering most of the time every other day since the water was getting consumed faster and the moisture meter measure the happy frog soil I use as dry and it also looked dry to me so even though I never watered her till run off she was getting misted at least every other day she was in a 1 gallon pot today she got transplanted to her 5 gallon fabric pot and her roots looks really good she was root bound already and she did get a water since it had been 2 days since the last water this is her now
again thanks for your response Iā€™m new at this and watering is so complicated to me still

1 Like

Yeah, cannabis is a hard plant to figure out- itā€™s unlike any other plant we have in typical gardens.

Theyā€™re big enough to water to runoff once they have one or two sets of true leaves. I donā€™t baby my seedlings, and consequently I do lose one or two in a set of 12 - but that way I know which genetics can withstand my torture chamber. I donā€™t have time for divas :sweat_smile:

Where theyā€™re at now, Iā€™d go ahead and start watering to get a generous amount of runoff. Set the mister bottle up where you canā€™t reach it and throw out the soil moisture meter. Those are tools that appear helpful and in the end can cause more damage than good.

Pick up the pot and feel it - it will be nice and light when itā€™s time to water. Water slowly and generously - ā€œoverwateringā€ is a misnomer. It makes people afraid of giving too much water at once, which isnā€™t actually possible - you can give so much water at once that the nutrients in the soil wash out, but you canā€™t drown her by giving her a gallon of water all at once. ā€œOverwateringā€ is actually the practice of watering too frequently and not allowing the soil to dry out enough between waterings. So even if youā€™re only giving her 4 ounces every other day, but the soil stays wet down at the bottom where her roots are, youā€™re effectively waterboarding her. The roots will get mushy and start to stink, whether it happens in a week or two months, itā€™ll happen eventually if you overwater (too frequently).

Once you water her generously, such that thereā€™s a nice amount of runoff (pretend you give her a gallon, you should get about 26 ounces back out as runoff) - then pick up the pot again. Itā€™ll be noticeably heavier than it was before watering - if it isnā€™t, then you know you watered too early and you need to wait even longer still between waterings.

I hope that was a helpful tangent

8 Likes

This was super super helpful I will wait at least 3 days days and use your method to water her Iā€™ll put the mister and meter aside and purchase a watering can and when sheā€™s dry Iā€™ll will take her out into the sink and water her till I see a good amount of runoff Iā€™ll probably be freaking out but I trust you all that know a lot more about this plant than meā€‹:ok_hand::blush:

3 Likes

Excellent stuff from @Graysin. Youā€™re in good hands :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

So mini update havenā€™t watered since I transplanted on Sunday and donā€™t plan to until tomorrow and using the method you suggested here is a photo of her new growth and I see ALOT less yellow already and more green thank you very much for your tips

3 Likes

Looks like you have a magnesium deficiency. Are you adding epson salts to your feeding routine :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes