Fan and trim uses?

I have a paper grocery bag full of fan leaves and trim from 6 beautiful, trichome laden, White Widows. Is there anyway to use the fan/trim? Ideas?

Also, when brewing canna tea, is it necessary to mix the buds with butter to extract all the essential oils?

Thanks for any info

Chef Deanoh

Omg I LOVE cannabutter!!! Its is time consuming, but so worth it

1 Like

I make my own butter for this but you can use whatever kind of real butter you want.

Ok. Preheat oven to 215F. Spread out you trimmings on a cookie sheet. Place in oven for 30-40 minutes.
Put 1lb butter and 1 cup water in a pot on stove. Melt but DONT COOK. Once the trim is done, add to pot. Keep on LOW for 3 to 4 hrs.
Use cheesecloth to strain it into a container. Let it settle. I usually stick a straw or something to the bottom. That way once it hardens, the water left over at the bottom can be easily drained off.
To refine it further, I place the container in warm water until melted. Then repeat process of cooling/straw/pouring off junk.
And no, you dont need to use butter. You will need to use something to strip the trim of its oils/thc. Like alcohol. Then use that mixture to make oil.

1 Like

I make infused coconut oil. Quick and dirty, I shred everything in a food processor and throw it on low in a slow cooker with enough coconut oil to cover it by a half inch or so. There are more refined methods that involve a water bath at 108f for days I am going to try next. Enjoy your harvest!

1 Like