Fan and Sugar Leaves Browning

First time grower here…Looking for some advice regarding an issue that began a little over a week and a half ago during flowering stage where both some fan and sugar leaves started browning (first on tips and edges) and drying out. Flowing stage began approximately a month ago. My initial fear was that I was providing too many nutrients (mix of Fox farms Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom liquids during watering) and the plants were in nute lock so I switched to only distilled water hoping to try and flush. That hasn’t seemed to help very much and I have been trying to research every possible cause.

My three plant strains are fem white widow, power plant and jack herer.

Soil PH in all 3 pots is ~6.2
Watering (possibly too much now?) every 12 hours (distilled)
12on/12off LED light cycle in grow tent
Temps ~82-73 F
Humidity 40-50%

Any advice would be very welcome!!! Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome!!! Have you checked your runoff pH and tds? How long approximately have you given water only and how much are they getting? New growth is normally yellow, but yours looks pretty bright. I’m guessing you have a soil pH issue and you’re in lockout, meaning the roots aren’t sucking up what the plant needs. You may need to flush (it’s part of the Fox Farm nutrient feeding schedule), and then follow with a full feed.

Watering every 12 hours is too often in soil. Way too often, actually, unless you have monster plants that just take in that much. Indoors especially.

3 Likes

What @Borderryan22 said. :point_up_2:
Check that runoff. Those nutes foloow a schedule with flushing.
Welcome to the neighborhood

2 Likes

Looking at the last picture it’s not too late to get back on track. Start by cleaning up the dead leafs they’re doing no good at this point. As mentioned check run off PPM an PH make adjustments according. If run off is under 1000 PPM Follow up with some Bloom nutes.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is far too often for a soil grow. The soil should be left to dry out between waterings.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who responded! Such great info! Definitely going to cut that water schedule back to once a day.

I flushed each plant to measure PH, and TDS, which yielded the following:

White Widow - PH 4.85 / TDS 4400

Power Plant - PH 5.61 / TDS 660

Jack Herer - PH 4.83 / TDS 1992

PH looks on the low side (if 6.0-6.5 if normal range). I’ll try to get that bumped up a bit.

Is it normal for the TDS to vary that much between plants?