Familymans Mixed Bag Grow

One more question. How long should I let the weed soak in the everclear??

1 Like

Count me in plz

1 Like

For the growing or gummies :joy::joy:

1 Like

All of the above :joy:

1 Like

Maybe 3 days at most. I just shake and leave in the freezer and shake every 2hr I use a paint shaker and shake for 2min at a time. Most of the time i made it in one day

2 Likes

Who wants a hit

4 Likes

I do in the worst way!!!

1 Like

I can’t smoke rite now I’m growing for my wife and it sucks. But when I harvest I’m gonna smoke some of what I got goin I promise.

1 Like

@ThcinKC so if I use a standard recipe for these, how much of the reduced tinture woul you add to the gelatin mix??

1 Like

I did trial and error and seems the brand of mix is different for the sweet spot i know it’s not very helpful. I also used some of lorannes oil for flavor
@AnneBonny has some good post about those oils for flavor

1 Like

Also another note is i don’t have a thc tester to test the tincture i used because at this point is where everything gets funny because you want the stuff to be strong but don’t want to be wasteful either and the other side is each strain you use will be different to. It took me about 4 batches of gummy bears with white widow to figure it out. I watched alot of YouTube videos to i will post some thing i used if i can find it again

2 Likes

Marijuana Gummy Bears Ingredients: Cannabis oil – 2 Oz. Large box of jelly cubes of any flavor 6 packets of unflavored gelatin ½ cup of cold water Gummy molds Various food coloring Instructions: Mix all of the jelly cubes, coloring, packets of gelatin and water in a small saucepan.

Mix the ingredients until they reach a dough-like consistency. Place the saucepan on medium heat, and continue to stir until the mixture melts back into a liquid consistency. Add in cannabis oil and mix. Pour the mixture into a jug. Pour the mixture into the candy molds. Place the molds in the freezer for 15-20 minutes; this will set the cannabis gummy bears ready to be removed from the molds. Take the mold out from the freezer, and carefully remove the gummy bears. To make them in different colors, mix each color separately, pour each color in a different mold.

Here’s how i make my oil

8 Likes

Thanks for the info on this. I’ll keep looking for the amount of tinture per batch. Maybe @blackthumbbetty or @raustin might know.

I used oil and i can’t find the tincture recipe for gummy bears. I also added some resin to that definitely makes it interesting to

2 Likes

You could just let all the solvent in your tincture evaporate off, then use the remaining liquid as you would the oil.

Cannabis oil is really just heat reduced tincture.

@blackthumbbetty how much would you add to a batch of gummies??

His recipe above calls for 2oz of cannabis oil, so I’d use 2 fl oz of reduced tincture.

1 Like

Thank you. I must have missed that

What alcohol did you use?

Here’s where to keep your temperature at when reducing

Ethanol (Ethyl Alcohol or Grain Alcohol): Boiling Point 172°F (78°C) Ethanol is the active ingredient in alcoholic drinks, and in its concentrated form it is an efficient solvent for making cannabis oils. However, due to the potential for abuse, many countries have restrictions on the strength and availability of strong alcohols and consequently they can be extremely difficult to obtain. For example, Everclear is a 190° proof (95% ABV) clear grain alcohol and the favored solvent for making F.E.C.O. (Full Extract Cannabis Oil). However it is only available in some American states.

3 Likes