Familymans Grow 2.0: Grow Of the Clones

Depends on what part of the post you are talking about.

All of it?

1 Like

Are you anti mega crop or light mover lol.

Iā€™ll give you a pass on the nutes but Iā€™d like to know your feelings on the light mover before I spend money.

My opinion differs a little on people I have a lot of respect for. I think they can be a great addition, but you should still try to hold ppfd average of around 600 umols per second. That allows you to keep short sweep and no shadowing. In my opinion they are a tool to get a little more weight out of an already good grow. Everyone that Iā€™ve seen person that tries to cheat light density requirements with them more than a little doesnā€™t have the best results.

Not trying to contradict things that I havenā€™t seen in person though, or anyone that says something different. Just sharing my opinion.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 I always appreciate your elegance in your responses. $200 isnā€™t too bad to try it but I donā€™t want to waste money on something that is more hype than fact. I got some thinking to donon this one. I was going to build my 3 135ā€™s into one fixture and attach it to it. Maybe spaced 18ā€ apart in a row configuration.

3 Likes

Iā€™m thinking the money would be best used on another light. That would give you additional coverage for another plant or two, increasing your yield more than the light mover. Just my opinion. Grow On Brother, Grow On.

8 Likes

I was considering that also. I may just do that and go with what I know. Iā€™m not really up for changing my growmroom up either.

4 Likes

Iā€™m in concurrence with @OldSchoolGrower on that oneā€¦ but I like building lights haha

6 Likes

No. You got to flowly smoothly. If it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix itā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m already set up for another light too. Ok I know what Iā€™m gonna do lol.

3 Likes

Im guilty of wanting all the gadgets lol. Thanks for the solid advice. 2-3 more plants would be more value to me right now.

5 Likes

I would never call a mover a waste of money. I would just not want you to spend the money and use it poorly.

Buy a light and a mover and get after it lol

5 Likes

You forget Iā€™m on a fixed income lol.

2 Likes

I donā€™t forget, I ignore. Make it rain, even if it is pennies lol

4 Likes

3 black widow beans have poked thru! One more and it will be 100% success.

7 Likes

No offense DB. But these are some of ur most redeeming qualities. No sugar coating unless its resin covered my guy. I appreciate ur candor. N everytime someone (myself included) asks something i chuckle at how i think u might answer

8 Likes

@PurpNGold74 heā€™s right though. Iā€™ll probably end up buying both :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha. Isnt he usually. Thats why its ok. Maybe blunt but solid info. N if unsure, then not afraid to say. N im sure u will man. But that extra light does sound more helpful then a mover. Ijs

4 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Iā€™m getting greedy and want more plants.

4 Likes