Fall gutter cleaning

Anyone else cleaning gutters and raking leaves?
Are your summer gardens cleaned and ready for next season?
Temps and weather to take a dramatic change tonight.
No wonder I put the next crop on hold until fall clean up is done.

How about you?

7 Likes

Same here. I cleaned the gutters yesterday and mowed up all of the leaves a few minutes ago. Got in a last round of golf for the year this morning.

3 Likes

The property adjacent to mine has several massive oak trees :deciduous_tree: I believe every leaf on them ends up on my property. I now call it the “Annual battle of the Leaves” So many that I can’t keep up with them attempting to cut them up with lawnmower. So now I have about 3 burning :fire: sessions to dispose of them.

3 Likes

We have oaks, maples and locust trees. Locust drops first - clean it up. The maples come next and now most of the oak leaves have dropped. It used to be worse. This summer we had six ash trees cut down (emerald ash borer finally found them).
Damn, I just noticed the tiller needs to be put away and winterized.

2 Likes

I don’t rake my leaves, eventually the wind blows them all into my neighbors yard…:grimacing:

4 Likes

I have one such yard. Built to collect the leaves of others’ trees. I pile em up and stick them in my back yard where they can biodegrade and reenrich my soil. Lord knows at 90% clay, it could use a little life.

I’m grateful for those who let ‘em blow away into my mess. :v:

4 Likes

I’m getting to old for this crap and sore from going up and down the ladder. I’ve thought about the Leaf Filter or something similar. The better option might be for me to cut down the maple. It’s huge and I’ve been thinking of replacing it with a small Dogwood or similar.

1 Like

Raked the yard, cleared branches, mowed, moved some big stones around. I’m kind of barracading an area where I’m throwing all my used soil and am going to amend the sxxx out of it with Earth Dust come late winter/early spring

I only do the first floor gutters. No way in H! am I climbing a ladder to the second floor.
Maybe a Redbud. I think I am the northern limits. It has taken a couple attempts and different locations.

3 Likes

Cersis Canadensis one of my favorite deciduous trees.:+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I just give the leaves a good chopping with the mower and blow my gutters out with the leaf blower. I do everything back-asswards

Sounds like @Bulldognuts is your neighbor :rofl: :rofl:

I have gravel…and weeds. And snow will cover it til next year.

Costco sells some stainless steel framed gutter guards very reasonable.I installed them 4 years ago and haven’t had to clean my gutters since.
One just needs the width of your gutters and length.they come in 3’ sections with self taping screws and a bit.only tools required are cordless drill,tin snips and a tape measure.
I installed mine in less than 2 hours.

1 Like