Fall Grow Journal Jack Herer, Purple Haze and Gold Leaf

Just ordered up, going with a big grow this time. All seeds at once.
Questions, Photos and progress reports to follow.

I like the selection! @Dego

Hope I will as well.

Gold Leaf is a great Indica!

From Leafly:

Jack Herer:

Jack Herer is a sativa-dominant cannabis strain that has gained as much renown as its namesake, the marijuana activist and author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Combining a Haze hybrid with a Northern Lights #5 and Shiva Skunk cross, Sensi Seeds created Jack Herer hoping to capture both the cerebral elevation associated with sativas and the heavy resin production of indicas. Its rich genetic background gives rise to several different variations of Jack Herer, each phenotype bearing its own unique features and effects. However, consumers typically describe this 55% sativa hybrid as blissful, clear-headed, and creative.

Jack Herer was created in the Netherlands in the mid-1990s, where it was later distributed by Dutch pharmacies as a recognized medical-grade strain. Since then, the spicy, pine-scented sativa has taken home numerous awards for its quality and potency. Many breeders have attempted to cultivate this staple strain themselves in sunny or Mediterranean climates, and indoor growers should wait 50 to 70 days for Jack Herer to flower.

Purple Haze:

Popularized by Jimi Hendrix’s 1967 classic, Purple Haze delivers a dreamy burst of euphoria that brings veteran consumers back to their psychedelic heyday. This nostalgic sativa staple remains cherished for its high-energy cerebral stimulation that awakens creativity and blissful contentment throughout the day. Purple Haze is believed to have descended from parent strains Purple Thai and Haze, who pass on a mix of sweet and earthy flavors underscored by notes of berry and sharp spice. Following her 8 to 9 week flowering time, Purple Haze buds typically acquire vibrant hues of lavender that further justify the naming of this strain.

2 great sativas and an awesome Indica!

Grow Big or Go home lol. Ill be following along, nice selections

Best of luck @Dego looks like a great line up.

I had some J Herer wax a few months back. The day I got it I over indulged and I could not sleep. Was not a bad thing just amazed me how wide awake my mind was, all night. I want to grow some JH so I will be watching with great interest.

I hope to keep them alive after harvest so I will be looking for tips on non detrimental harvesting and re-veging.

You go girl and there mad strains to have good luck with it :yum::yum::yum::yum:

I too am interested in Jack Herer. Mine went into flower this week.

I picked them because it said they were easy to grow and I like Sativas. The Gold leaf is always being pushed on here so it must be great. I can’t wait for my magic beans.

Well you will definitely love :heart:️ them girl i haven’t grown gold leaf :leaves: before but like you said it’s always been one of the popular strains! Good :blush: luck with it all chicky

I’m growing gold leaf now @Dego I will let you know how I like it!

Today is 8 weeks of flowering and she’s not quite ready!

I can’t wait to get my Gold leaf going. I just looked at the calendar and my calculation says Christmas Day is my ETH (estimated time til harvest). Seems like forever away. Looking forward to hearing how you like yours @bob31 . Good luck with your grow @Dego

I need to get a better handle on flowering time. If it says 65 Days flowering time, that mean for the day it starts to flower till harvest or form the time it starts to grow to harvest?

How did you get half off on the Gold Leaf***?

When I put the other two into cart and started the check out I received an offer for half off.

@Dego There is a two week window when you first go to 12/12.So if your flower time is 60 days you don’t start counting the days until after the first two weeks.So 60 days becomes 74days from the time you went to 12/12.Hope this helps.

It does but that is depressing because you need 8 weeks of veg and then 10 weeks of flowering. I don’t even have them yet, that puts me sometime next spring. I guess I should have called it Winter or Spring Grow

@Dego Yes it is a long time, don’t skimp on the veg time it will pay off with better bigger buds.What I would like to do is run two photo plants and two autos, that way your autos can be finishing up while your photos are just going to 12/12.That way you have bud much sooner.:+1: Just my two cents.

well thats a great idea, whishi thought of it before ordering.