Failing this grow! Any advice is much appreciated!

Alright guys. First soil grow. One in ocean forest (right side more yellow) (left) happy frog. I’ve definitely done some things wrong along the way here. I switched to a new tent, and light at the beginning of flower. Probably a bad idea i know. And according to what people had to say about a previous post i was clearly over watering. Everyother day. I have since cut back to every every 4th day. Saturdays and Tuesdays. By the 4th day they are so dry and limp looking. And since this change they have only gotten worse. Trimming dozens of yellow leaves daily. Actually wondering if they will make it to harvest at tbis rate. The bud growth seems green. Maybe a case of too little too late?? I water at 6.4 ph. Runnoff is usually right around the same. Ppms are slightly high 1600 on the right and 1200 on the left. Soil ph is around 7.0. Really kind of at a loss of where to go from here. Lots of purple stems? Has anyone been able to bring a plant back this far gone?

Hat prople

2 Likes

Your plant is not “that far gone.” It just needs a little help.

I see quite a bit of green among those you’ve cut off. Leave those on.

Soak your soil, let it dry out, and then water again. If 4 days isn’t enough, go do every 3 days.

Not really. Cannabis can be a pretty resilient

They will remain green until you dry and cure the flower.

This is normal.

Your plant will be fine. Keep it simple and manage watering, pH, and PPM.

You should still be feeding nitrogen.

7 Likes

That must be what Super Glue was made for!
I know I’m a wise ass!

3 Likes

The girls seem to look ok. I wouldn’t go every 4 days either. Try not to cut anymore, so they don’t get too stressed.

1 Like

Ok good! Thank you! These ladies are stressin me out. They’ve been pretty sensative the whole grow. Look mad if i water too soon look mad if im a day late. Feel like they haven’t fully thrived the whole time. The rate yellow leaves have definitely been alarming though. I will continue to try to turn them around. I appreciate you guys as always!

2 Likes

Drooping around watering time is normal.

3 Likes

@MidwestGuy and @beachglass I agree, not looking bad at all. They can get over watered early on but the need for water increases and nutrient requirements change as flowering progresses. N levels are lower in bloom feed so the plant naturally extracts N from less used lower and outer leaves it’s all normal. Feed, water, plenty of light and you will see those buds get fat ‘n frosty.

1 Like

Yeah i felt like i was getting carried away. Hate looking at those deficiencies though. Plus i always just figure it is energy the plant is wasting. Definitely don’t want to stress them out though. Maybe that’s also part of the issue. I cut trim at the first sign of an unhealthy leaf. I’ll work on it! Thanks!

2 Likes

Are you feeding any nutes? Plants look hungry too me

2 Likes

Yes. I am feeding floraflex every other watering. I have big bud and bud candy and b-52. I don’t want to overdue anything though. So ive just been using the floraflex.

Drooping after watering is normal, it’s the plant soaking up ethe water and leaves holding weight I believe, also, the leaves swill start going yellow as most of the effort they’re putting in is now in the flower, the leaves aren’t doing as much as they were in veg if that makes sense

Many growers Lilly pop their plants in flower to get rid of most of those leaves and force the plant to concentrate energy on main bud growth.

1 Like

I thank my plants is close to same stage of flower as yours i been feeding foxfarm trio with max dose my leaves are still green i may have a little to much nitrogen.

2 Likes

You might with those dark leaves

1 Like

Those are beautiful! I feel like thats how mine should be looking! What soil??

1 Like

I use rocket fuel and thank you this is also my first grow i know what you mean by stressing on everything cause the cost to grow is crazy

2 Likes

No joke! Expensive little hobby for sure! Felt like i did pretty good in coco last time. Just high maintenance though. Figured id do the same in soil. Invest in a taller tent and upgraded light. Just for these ladies to not be grageful haha! All good though. Gonna ride it out and learn from my mistakes until i get ut dialed in.

1 Like

Yeah these ones droop most if the time. I do wonder if genetics played a part this time around. They’ve been touchy from the start.

1 Like

Hahaha yeah some are sensitive, last year I did a cherry bomb auto that came out amazing, I did a melon gum with the cherry auto that was the same as yours, was always droopy. And my cherry bomb was always dark green, I did use too much nitrogen so I flushed it then cut down a bit on nutes for a few feeds and she came out really nice, that was my first and only successful grow so far, haven’t planted anymore since but I am this week planting another 6/7 :laughing: 2 indoor autos rest in garden, This was the cherry bomb auto

You can find the journal in here somewhere called “Se7en back for round two guys” if you’d like to have a read through, some really good advice from the guys in here in that journal

1 Like

This is what I’ll be planting this week :pray:t2: I use Bio Bizz all mix soil and bio bizz nutes aswell, the only ones I’ve ever tried but I love them, organic too

1 Like