Failing plant, need some advice

Hi All,
This is my 1st grow and 1st post, so please be patient. Growing 4 plants of Northern Lights in 1 sq meter tent in Fox Farm Ocean Forest with 300 watt LED. Using General Hydroponics nutes. Today is day 48. Cut lights to 12/12 and switched to flowering nutes on day 42. Did a little experimenting by topping 2 plants on day 20 and left the other 2 alone to see the difference in yield (big mistake I think). The 2 taller untopped plants are failing and their sisters look very healthy. Pics of both attached. The problem plants aren’t holding the water and it all seems to run through the bags while the healthy plants are heavier (retaining water) and lush and bright green.

Here’s the failing plant

Here’s the healthy plant

1 Like

The water is probably running down the sides of the bag rather than straight through the dirt. Try wetting the top of the soil. Wait a couple minutes then water her thoroughly. Even better if you can pull it out of the tent. Water it in the tub with the drain closed. Let it sit in the water for 5 minutes or until it’s not soaking any more up. Probably needs a good drink for starters.

1 Like

Use a metal or wooden dowel or skewer and run it down thru the soil to break up the
hydrophobic pockets. The soil will start to repel water if it loses nutrient and microbe content.
Stay about 3 inches out from the main stalk and avoid the tap root, but pernitrate the soil to allow for the water to absorb.

I can’t breathe…