Fading from green to yellow

Just happy to get your girl back on track @DieHigh55

2 Likes

All the leaves that turned yellow will drop off, but watch the new growth. Not too much N. After all, you’re in flower.

2 Likes

Do you not have the terra Flores? Here is recommended feed chart for the canna terra line. As you can see, the pk boost is only recommended for a single feeding or two around the starting of bud formation.

I have the aqua line which is a 4 part, Vega part a and b, and Flores part a and b. I didn’t realize the terra was only 2 part, but but I’m gonna guess you’ll do a lot better with the base nutes than anything else. Then using the pk and canna boost to supplement.

@DieHigh55 Kicking around other ideas in my head this evening, how much watering are you doing? Like at what frequency? I’m just trying to consider other causes of yellowing.

1 Like

I’m with the other guys!

That soil is depleted and she needs nutrients @DieHigh55

The pH is probably off a little as well. (Some girls are very susceptible to even minor pH fluctuations!)

I also note the stretched buds.

I will defer on the lights

I think they are all contributing to the issues!

5 Likes

I’ve been using the Terra Vega (3-1-4) for veg. I’ll get the terra flore for …flore, or other recommendations?

1 Like

I water every other day using the “first knuckle” test, it’s usually pretty dried out by then. I get about 20-30% runoff.

1 Like

Yeah, seems I messed up on the nutes pretty bad using only the 13/14. Please don’t report me to the Cannabis Cops, I’ll get busted for mistreatment of young plants!

2 Likes

You’ll be ok, and better on the next one. Did you have light higher previously? Blue dream is sativa dominant if I remember, so some stretching like that is expected. But she does look a little gapped on the nodes.

1 Like

I used only CFL’s last time, this is the first grow with HPS. Quality was good but yield was low. I’ve grown a few monsters previously under the HPS, that’s why I went back to it. It just didn’t occur to me that I was screwing up with the nutes. Just gave her a good healthy breakfast, hopefully she’ll recover ok. What’s weird is that the other plant…same type, same soil, same nutes, different lamp…is doing so much better.

2 Likes

It’s not all that weird. Some phenos will feed heavier than others. Just as easily that a scoop of soil in one pot was hotter than the same sized scoop in another pot. I wouldn’t let that bother you much.

1 Like

I missed where you asked for other recommendations last night, sorry.

My understanding is that the canna base nutes are as complete as any of the other lines. It’s also my understanding that the the canna boost is what specifically put them on the map. It’s expensive, but everywhere I read seems to insist on using the boost if you’re going with the canna line. It’s main ingredient is rare to nonexistent in other lines. The cannazym is suppose to assist in breaking down root matter and turn it to a carbload for the plant to feed on. The rizo is a rooting hormone like feed. In terms of which ones to get and in order or importance, I would say

Vega, Flores
Boost
Cannazym
Rizo
Pk 13/14

If you were looking to save cash on them, you could probably go with smaller bottles of the cannazym and rizo. Then use reduced levels of each, or alternate full strength per the schedule. You figure getting roots to expand will be a lot more critical early in their life, and breaking down root matter and using as a sweetener, later in a plants life.

1 Like

Ordered 5 liters of canna Flores yesterday, supposed to arrive Wednesday just in time for next feeding. I read somewhere that you shouldn’t mix different brands of nutes so I’ll stick with the Canna line. I use the Boost too, that stuff IS expensive! I buy the smallest bottle (250ml.) at a time. Do you use that for the whole grow at every feeding? Anyway, gave the girl veg nutes yesterday and she looks a bit greener today. You all have been a big help, and first vape when she’s harvested, dried and cured will be in your honor!

3 Likes

Depending on where you are in flower, don’t go overboard with the N. It will contribute to a harsh smoke.

3 Likes

I agree with @Myfriendis410 carful with the veg nutes.

There’s no single right answer when it comes to the nutes. Unless you get hard data saying otherwise, I would follow manufacturers schedule.

If you’re concerned about cost on things like the boost, run it at half strength or alternate full strength feedings like I suggested earlier.

Mixing brands isn’t a huge deal, you just have to watch the makeup of each bottle. They are designed to work with the other bottles from the same line. I’d say generally you’ll get in a lot more trouble mixing base nutes than supplements.

2 Likes

No, no…that’s only temporary until the canna flores arrives. One feeding max. What a dumb mistake, even for me!

2 Likes

Hey, it happens. It’s nice to have the community to talk it out, Alan.

2 Likes

Ain’t it da truth!

2 Likes

Just left hydro shop picking up mammoth sample box. They had 5 liter boost bottle there, $500 lol. I didn’t realize they had bio line either. Didn’t look close, but assuming that’s their organic line.

2 Likes

Taking inventory today, if it makes you feel any better. The best part is, there’s not a single plant growing here right now

5 Likes