Fabric pots, goldleaf, purple kush versus earth box king tut bag seed

First up is purple Kush. She seems to get noticeably bigger every day and buds are rock hard. The buds continue to fatten up and fill in the space between lower buds sites to the head nug.

3 Likes

Close up of Purple kush

4 Likes

Next up is Goldleaf. She has stayed short but is getting noticeably bigger by the day. The buds aren’t quite as hard as the rest but getting there.

2 Likes

Close up of Goldleaf.

3 Likes

Last is King Tut. She is showing the biggest difference since last week. The fan and sugar leaves are turning dark purple almost black. The buds are rock hard and bulking up nicely.

4 Likes

Close up of King Tut.

4 Likes

I just harvested a purple kush on Sunday and weighed the main cola last night and the wet weight of it was 36 grams. I can’t wait until it’s more dry to weigh the whole plant. I think you’ll be happy with her :wink:

2 Likes

Congratulations on the harvest. I look forward to the smoke report.

1 Like

I will definitely give one. I’ve already tested a small but I left out to dry. It was really good :grin: I can’t wait until it cures for a couple weeks then I’ll be awesome :wink:

1 Like

Weekly update.

First up goldleaf. She continues to fatten up nicely.

3 Likes

Next is Purple Kush. I had my first bout of spider mites. I cleaned them up and keeping a close eye for any new signs. I pulled the affected leaves and hand washed the surrounding leaves. Good so far. I do have green cleaner but would rather not use it if possible.

2 Likes

Last is King Tut. She is still doing really well. She has turned almost totally black. Also I still really like the earth box but there is no easy way to measure run off for ph and ppm. Kind of forces me to hone my skills of observation to tell where she is at.

2 Likes

Great horticulture !
what size pot is that ? :man_farmer:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words.

Fabric pots are 10 gallon and the earthbox I’m guessing hold about 15 gallons. I feel like the 10 fabric pots are the perfect size for my setup. My girls are eating well. Goldleaf and Purple Kush have gone from a little over 1000 ppm to 600 for goldleaf and 450 for Purple Kush. The supersoil is working out very well and I enjoy watering only and not worrying about mixing nutes.

2 Likes

So I had to harvest. I found this on my King tut.

I’m not sure what caused the nanner to grow but something happened.
I started to see seeds show up on my Goldleaf.

Upon talking with people here it was suggested to harvest all asap to prevent more seeds from forming and to stop the buds from getting fluffy.

I have a few theories, very low humidity is one, the use of the earth box and I had a light that would flicker every once and a while. With that being said I’ve decided not to use the earth box again. I like the fabrics pots better because I’m able to test my run off for PPM and PH to know exactly where my plants are at.

2 Likes

This is my worry :grimacing: sorry to hear mate.

1 Like

I had about two weeks until harvest. I probably lost a little weight but all trichomes were cloudy. My harvest will just be on the energetic side, which I’m okay with.

Chalk this one up to the learning process and try to figure out what went wrong. I will be buying a humidifier in the near future.

Glad to see you back.

Not so bad then. I actually prefer the energetic smoke.

1 Like

So all are trimed and dried. Dry weight is Goldleaf 43 grams, 53 grams Purple Kush and 112 grams King Tut. So total weight is a little under 7.5 ounces. I’m happy with that. That doubles my first indoor grow. Not bad for 13 weeks.

I’m kind of wondering if the King Tut seed I found was caused by a hermaphrodite. I still can’t figure out what caused it Hermie. I believe I had everything in check with my grow room.

Bravo !
does the Goldleaf deliver, smokewise ?

:man_farmer: