Fabric pots, goldleaf, purple kush versus earth box king tut bag seed

So, I have three plants in the third week of lights being flipped. Two in ten gallon fabric pots, Goldleaf and Purple Kush and King Tut bag seed in the earthbox. All are planted using super soil on the bottom third of each pot and topped off with an organic soil. Temps have been kept in the mid to high seventies during lights on and mid to low sixties during lights off. Watering ph is constant a 6.4 to 6.5. Humidity mid 30’s to mid 40’s. I have two 1200 watt burbles bestva reflector series for lighting.

Goldleaf

Purple kush

King tut bag seed

Observations:
I feel like King tut looks the happiest. Full and green.
Things I like about growing in the earth box, ease of watering and full healthy growth. No such thing as over watering. It has a reservoir and pulls from it as water is needed. There’s a grate that separates the reservoir from the soil. I often see roots inside the reservoir. Down falls, they’re expensive but is an investment that pays for itself. I have not had any issues with this grow.

Fabric bags work good as well. Things I like, they are cheap and variety of sizes available. I feel like both plants look happy and are growing well. I’m finding it is really easy to over water. I’m working that out though. I had a magnesium issue early on which I treated with no further problems.

Out of the two containers I like the earth box the best. Ease of use and lush growth have me sold. I can flower two plants at a time in my state, which I clearly have a hard time following. The two earth boxes I have will be used indoor and out from this point forward and will help me stay legal.

8 Likes

give em’ wind and they will think its Xmas :santa:

1 Like

Nice looking girls

1 Like

Air flow is already in place. They are starting to bud up nicely.

looking nice and green @shindig153
that purple kush is the bomb!
i’m burning some as i type,it hits hard and heavy,with a skunky sweet aroma!

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m looking forward to smoking the Purple Kush. This is s new one for me.

3 Likes

Here’s an update.

First is purple kush

Gold leaf I under watered but figured it out so this one is a bit on the small side.

King Tut is a very frosty girl and is still the best performer in the earth box.

4 Likes

Wow they all look great! I have a purple kush it looks very similar to yours! I always wondered what another one would look like at about the same age.

1 Like

She is definately starting to fatten up nicely. Purple Kush is the only one I’m grow I haven’t smoked before. I patiently waiting to smoke her. The tent smells wonderful right now.

1 Like

I know I haven’t smoked it either yet. I’m hoping it’s a good Indica like it says it is. I know mine has gone like three stages of different smells so far. For it being my first plant it has been very easy to grow

It’s my first time using the fabric pots and had a under watering problem on both Goldleaf and Purple Kush. Purple kush proved to be the more resilient of the two.

1 Like

You should post a picture here so I can see your purple Kush. I’d love to see it.

2 Likes

This was her just the other day😁

This is the top of her main cola. She’s put on weight since her last feeding.

4 Likes

She is beautiful! I can’t until mine looks like that.

1 Like

trust me you’re probably only one or two weeks out from her looking like that. Honestly she probably blew up like that within and less than 2 weeks. This was her back on the 18th.

3 Likes

Update on the grow.

Up first King Tut. The buds are fattening up nicely. There are so many trichomes they reach out to the fan leaves and along the stems. I have limited experience growing but have never seen such a frosty plant.

Next is purple Kush. Buds are fattening up real nice. The purple color is showing on the sugar leaves. This is a real good looking plant.

Last is Goldleaf. She is coming along well considering my underwatering issue. She is back on track and the buds are getting bigger. I feel like my yield will be lower because of my mistake.

5 Likes

Here are some close up of the buds.

King Tut

Purple Kush

Goldleaf

4 Likes

They all look great! Nice job😉

1 Like

you are in for some fun with your healthy happy herb…great work ! :zap::rainbow:

1 Like

They look fantastic Shindigunnamed-1

1 Like