Are 5 gal fabric pots good for 5 plants in a 48x48x80 tent? The vivosun ones i bought seem small. Just wanting to max yield w easy maintenance. Got 4 diff strains.
I am growing 3 photo period plants in my 4 x 4 tent. They should fill it up. I have done 4 before. Welcome to your new happy place.
Please copy and paste the following
That’s probably about right. Though you might find it a pretty tight fit with 5 plants. Maintenance would be easier with 4 (or fewer) in my opinion.
Ty but it wont let me copy the text it only opens pic
just look at the questions and answer them on here best you can
Ty but i wont need larger space for roots? The measurements are 12.5”w x 9.9” h i was thinking to do 7 or 10 gals but is 10 gals w this quantity & space good?
This is where the survey thing comes in handy.
If you’re doing a living/super soil grow, I do like a big pot. I use 20 gallons, 2 plants in a 5x5. If you’re using the nutrients though, you can get away with a smaller pot size.
Welcome I’m also new here and am curious the difference for photos from 5 to 7 myself… I will sit around and see but in the meantime Let me see if I can post this right…
Welcome to the community ! 5 gallon fabric pots will be fine. I’ve never had any problems with 5 or 7 gallon fabric pots indoors. 5 seems to dry out a little quicker than 7. Good luck
If they are autos you’ll be fine. If they are photos, you’ll just have to work them and veg them to fit the space. I just did 4 (3-3 gallons, 1-1 gallon) in a 32"x32". You could do 1 in a 10 gallon and get the same yield as 5 in 5 gallons.
Coco or soil?
This is 9 aurora indicas in 1 gallon pots in a 4x4
You can use whatever size fits but in my opinion this sea of green works or i would consider and have done 4 in 3 gallon bags under a scrog. Welcome to the forum
Ff oceanforest and happy frog 50/50 mix w 5% coco added also a bit more of perlite and wormcastings
Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.
- Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? A: Indoor 48x48x80” tent 5 plants only.
- Otigin of seeds? A: Gb
- Regular, feminized, or autoflower? A: Fems. photoperiods 18/6.
- Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? A: tap. Dechlorinated in 5 gal bucket w air stone 24/7. 8.4tap ph before gh ph down to 6.5
- PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? 6.5 gh ph down used.
- Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. A: soil. FF oceanforest & happyfrog 50/50 mix w 5% coco added also a bit more of perlite and wormcastings
- Nutrients or fertilizer system used. A: Gaia green 444&284 50/50mix only 1 tbsp each & bit of wormcastings.
- What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. A: spiderfarmer sf4000 40% 24ish” 132watts above tops of plants.
- What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? A: 68-70 night. 71-77 day drafts make this hard to control.
- What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?26-32
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
- Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
- Co2 Yes / No? A: no.
- How long have you been growing? A: First timer. On week 4 veg.
- What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? A: Cheap as possible for essentials only w longevity.
Welcome fellow growmie!! I am growing similar to you it looks… I’m along for the ride… I am in OF and CocoLoco with perilite and worm castings… was thinking to go HF next time myself so will pay attention!! I did two of mine in 7 gal and one in 5 gal just for my own comparison as well… Feel free to stop by and look forward to growing together!
Oh post some pics of the ladies!!
Very nice sog @Allinherhead ! I cant do it myself. I HAVE to get in tent and mess around…lol.
I prefer 4 7-10 if growing 4 photo. Just me. Can fit just fine especially if grow vertically instead of horizontal. Unless as mentioned a scrog or sog. I am a straight up grower anymore. This is 5 auto in 5gal in 4x4 of my 4x8 no training really. Plenty leftover space.
@Allinherhead what growing medium are you using? I just got done with some badly root bound plants in 1 Gal pots with Coco loco.
Omg brah this is perfect! Can u plz help me on how to trim and when? Where did u learn how to? I really haven’t been wanting to lst so this is awesome
Just coco coir, doing sea of green i only veg 21days, take some clones and flp the lights so not worry about root bound. Look at some solo cup challenges.