Fabric pot question?

Now my stoned mind is working OT Maybe this summer I can run a pipeline from the rain barrel to the dryer outlet and pipein RW all summer,fall. I just can see you @Cap_Ron toting heavy gallons down the stairs ,one trip and you are a commercial . I did plumbing, electrical, carpentery built a house or two rehabed over 15 maintained rentals in the ghetto wow. But my wife Humm dont know how she would feel but she doesn’t come down much.

3 Likes

Even better design than the ones I have. I have to still use a plant elevator with mine.

2 Likes

My top soil is dry the lower portion of my pots the soil is….not wet but damp? Little water but not soaked. Should I let my pots dry out a little more? 5gal fabric pots. 77*f with 30% humidity. Last watered Monday. About a gal each plant. Run off was about 1/4 gal or less.

1 Like

You can likely water if you want or wait another day. My plants are nearly two months old so are no longer overly sensitive to slight over watering. How old are your plants?

2 Likes

5 weeks today.

2 Likes

I would say go ahead and water them…I doubt that it will hurt them one bit.

2 Likes

I’ve got a bad back as well, I’m fused from T3 to S1, so this idea interests me, any chance you could post a picture? Also, I’d really appreciate if you could let me know any other things you come up with to save yourself a lot of extra back pain.

I’m just starting to use weed medicinally, so I’m not even sure if I’ll find any strains that will help, but if I do, I’ll definitely be growing my own shortly after, since dispensary prices are sort of crazy!

1 Like

I toss my runoff into the sump pump holegoes out back

2 Likes

1st time grower - Question: I have 4 5 gallons fabric pots. Will I feed each individual plant 2 1/2 gallon of water. Or use the 2 1/2 gallon of water to feed overall?

1 Like

Another Question - how do my babies look? This is my 1st grow ever, bare with me okay. Will provide much information as possible.

Started growing December 1st.
To my calculations. I’m in 7th week growing from Dec 1st of 2021.

2 Gorilla Glues
1 Bruce Banner
1 Girl Scout cookies [All Autos]

Spider Farmer 2x2 tent. Growing indoor. Fox farm nutrients. Led lights. Just feed them today my girls today. Only 1 gallon with nutrients balanced the ph to 6.53

Please help, much appreciated in advance. I know every grower have their own flavor of growing. But I have to know the basics much as possible.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying for years I really need to put a slop sink in my grow room, and if not, at least just a drain in the floor. I just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet. Eventually I’ll be too old and broken to keep lugging 5 gallon jugs in and 5 gallon buckets out. Then I’ll finally get it done.

2 Likes

Pay someone bummer i am happy to pour out runoff wish I had a rolling big wet vac it would be faster when I flush them down the line

2 Likes

I have one jug per plant. Makes it easier to determine how much water you’re actually giving them instead of guessing a gallon here or 3/4 gal there.

1 Like

I notice I’m having to water about every three days with 5 gallon fabric pots. About a gallon of water for each plant. The upper soil and the sides dry out but the bottom seems to retain a little moisture. Is it almost impossible to overwater fabric pots? When I put a gallon of water through I may be getting an eighth of a gallon of water out as runoff.

2 Likes

It sounds as though you are growing in soil…
I am not sure about how “impossible” it is to overwater in fabric bags but what you are seeing sounds about right. I water my plants (about 7 weeks old in 10 gallon fabric bags) about every two days or so. When they get close to flipping in a couple of weeks or so I will be watering every day.

If I dd not answer your question let me know and I will try again.

2 Likes

I’m growing in a mixture of cocoa fiber and soil. There is some perlite in the cocoa fiber. The soil has gypsum. The water drains fairly well. But the bottom of the fabric pot seems to stay fairly moist. Would the roots building up near the bottom help retain moisture?

1 Like

It’s possible to overwater, but not the way you’re thinking. You can water until you have stupid crazy run-off and it won’t hurt a thing. Water again before the soil is dry and you’ll eventually have issues. Cannabis in soil likes wet dry cycles. Watering too frequently is your risk point, not how much you water with.

3 Likes

I really don’t know much about coco and other non-soil mixes as I am strictly a “dirt farmer”.

Perhaps @kaptain3d or @PurpNGold74 have some good answers for you.

3 Likes

Coco and soil? Neither fish nor fowl. Ignore my advice, as it is only applicable to soil.

3 Likes

How dry is dry? The top portion of my soil and down the sides dry out fairly well. Further down inside the soil is damp but not wet. You can tell there’s moisture in there but not to much.