F2F Strawberry fields soil

Had anyone used the FF Strawberry fields soil? If so, any opinions or suggestions?

1 Like

@Uncleb welcome to I :heart: LGM forums!

Lots of good folks willing to help you out!

I hadn’t heard of it? Got a link on amazon or something or a pic of the bag so we can look at it?

Thanks for the reply.

Place I deal with was out of 2 cu ft Happy Frog.

Here is the back of the label. Not sure who is around this morning that is good with soils and I have never seed this type of FF Soil before so I will tag a couple of the mentors for assistance

@Paranorman @Majiktoker @Aquaponic_Dumme

PS I use FF Ocean Forest and Happy Frog…

1 Like

Thank you, for your assistance.

Due to bat guano I use for seedlings, creative and flower plants would be fine

1 Like

Do you think I should add about 25% perilite, as I do with FFOF?

@Uncleb doesn’t already have perlite in it and did you say you add more perlite to your Foxfarm ocean soil ? I would say if you’re adding that much to Fox Farm and you’re successful give it a shot I’ve never added any perlite to any of my Foxfarm before

When I removed my first grow, in FFOF, soil seemed very compacted. It was almost hardened. Thank you, for your input.

1/3 ffof to 2/3 Strawberry fields. I then add a little perlite and vermiculite and a dab of coco coir works great for autos. An area , (center of pot) ,approximately 6 “dia. and approximately 6-8” deep (use a 20 oz cup to make impression) I fill with Happy frog to make sure seedling doesnt get burn. 6 White widow autos just harvested mid July averaged 4 oz each dry weight. Excellent taste and very potent. Jack Herer autos end of April averaged 6 oz. Each except one I tried to top after 5th node only produced about 3 oz. Oops. Auto Bluetooths averaged about 3.5 maybe 4 oz. Grown indoors with 300w Viperspectra led over each plant on 27/7. So maybe that can shed light on ff strawberry fields.

1 Like

I have been using this for two years and I love it. I use it through all stages. It will burn your seedlings if you are only using soil!

I just put my popped seed into FFSF today. The date stamp on the bag is 2016 lol. I hope it works out. They were out of Ocean Forrest and they only had this one bag of S.F.

Uncleb, we have used everything under the moon including Ed Rosenthal soil mixture. Our end soil is FF Strawberry Fields mixed with FF Ocean Forest, bat guano and premo worm castings from brut worm Farms inc from Minnesota. Ph @ 6.7 always…we do make teas in a super bubbler and ph water and tea mixture. Also use use a 500 Watt dial controlled heater to heat water to 70 degrees (dial controlled fish tank heater for 120 gallon)…I could go on for hours so I’ll cut it short, FF Strawberry fields works awesome for us… Gg, Bruce banner,blk widow,Hindu kush, Ak-47 and about 15 other breeds along with our own breed loves this mixture… Everyone has there own thoughts on how things are And should be done and everyone does there own things which is great. What it boils down to is what works for you period…I tend to write books when I type so for now I’m outta here. God bless and keep your plants happy :blush:

Can I pick your brain on this mixture… % of ingredients… I thought of doing this myself! So I googled it and it’s on one of my fave sites :joy: First grow and I really wanna improve the next one​:call_me_hand:

I’m finding my groove so I got different styles going on lol

1 Like