Extra Cal/Mag for OG Kush?

I just joined and am posting for the first time. This is my second season of growing and I’ve identified what I believe to be a Magnesium deficiency in my OG Kush. I’ve read that Kush needs extra calcium/magnesium, but can’t find info on the actual amount to use for best results. Wondering if anybody can tell me. Plant is in week 6 of flowering. I cut and pasted the other

details below, thanks.

-What strain - OG Kush clone from Cloneguys; Photoperiod
-Age of plant - 4.5 months
-Method: hydroponic, DWC
-Vessels: plastic Aerogarden type unit, 5 liters capacity
-Solution: PH 5.5, PPM 1500
-Solution type: General Hydroponics base with Calimagic and Hydroguard
-Method used to measure PH and TDS: Vivosun pen-type
-Indoor, 3.5’ x 3.5’
-Light system: 1 Aerogarden-type fixture 36 watts and 2 Sansi 36 watt bulbs, total of 108 watts.
-Actual wattage draw of lights: Don’t know
-Current Light Schedule: 12/12
-Temps; Day, 70, Night 62
-Humidity; Day, 62, Night 72
-Ventilation system; small tabletop fan
-AC: Yes - single room air conditioner
-Co2; No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-I’m using DWC
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC): Just touching the bottom of the net pot
-Temperature of solution: 64°F
-TDS of nutrient solution: 1500 ppm
-Amount of air to solution: aquarium air pump turned on 24 hrs/day

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!! I agree it’s probably asking for some higher doses. There’ll be some hydro guys here soon I’m sure though.

1 Like

I don’t grow hydro, but everyone says to have the water level 2" below your net pot when young, more as they age.

@HappyHydroGrower is a hydro guru, I’m sure he’ll set ya straight! :+1:

1 Like

Haha!… Thanks a million for the compliments brother.

@LeeVanCleef welcome to the forum.

If you want to grow lots of weed or a little, then you’re at the right place.

Like mentioned above water level is recommended to be 1.5” - 2” below the net pot.
One also has to keep in mind, if your lights aren’t that strong then water level may be tuned a little different.

It does appear that you may be lacking in the “powerful enough” light department. Although you have proven it can be done with less light, maybe… you probably can do better if you desire. Small buds can be a sign of insufficient light.

I would also try to get the rh down some. You do seem to have the plenty of air flow room in there, but 70% is pushing the limits for bud rot in flower.

Your plant actually looks great to me. You have a little nute burn but not much to worry about.
You just keep feeding that girl the way you’re doing.

If you have any questions, feel free to post it here. If I can’t help, someone here will. Ton of knowledge here.

Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

kUDSDNvKwrM2s
Get the ph up to 6.5 ish.
RH between 45 to 55%
She looks good to me.

2 Likes

He is in hydro, so 5.5 is good.

Welcome to the forum @LeeVanCleef

1 Like

@Spiney_norman oops…thank you …
giphy (1)

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for the advice on my plant. I added 50% more cal/mag and it seems to be doing fine.

1 Like