Extended dark period before flower

So there’s a few posts on this topic from a couple years ago and lots of opinions…all with dissent on Google. What do you guys find triggers flowering the fastest. Straight to 12/12, 24,36,48,72 dark period? Anybody experimented with the only variable the dark period or lack there of?

1 Like

Good question ! I’ve always just stuck to 12/12 works for me. Usually after flip 7 to 10 days and then flowering begins.

1 Like

Yeah I read a good bit about light sensitive hormone build up in the dark that degrades in light and hitting the “tipping point” quicker with the extended dark period. Wondering how it works out in practice for somebody who knows what they are doing

1 Like

Probably just going to do the straight to 12/12 this time. But I am curious

1 Like

I’ve never tried extended dark period . Let’s see what other members has experienced.

1 Like

Shame my wife won’t let me expand beyond the closet lol. I have 8 plants right now. Would be perfect time to do four groups of two and vary the times. I just don’t have the room to make that happen right now though.

1 Like

8 plants can be a lot to take care of. 6 is the most I’ve done at one time, I promised myself I’d never do that again.

1 Like

Lol. Yeah I am starting to see that. I’m doubling down though about to plant six autos in there too. And run them 1212 whole life and I really don’t care if they yield me 1/4 oz each. That’s a 1/4 for ten bucks of some new great weed I haven’t tried yet using the same electricity I am already paying for plus some water/nutes. Deal!

I am flowering the photos at 3/4 weeks though so we are talking small plants.

1 Like

You’re going to have a tent full. I like to grow a couple autos with my photos. I Start on 18 /6 when it’s time to flip the photos I go to 12/12 an Autos seem to do just fine.

2 Likes

The three pots with plant tags and no plants are germ/sprouting now. They are gonna go into the veg zone for two months while this grow plays out. They are going to be my first try at some REAL plants

1 Like

Your plants look really nice and healthy. they’re going to get big fast. What kind of Lights you have.

1 Like

Currently 500 watt knockoff HLG from eBay. They started under blurples four inches from canopy.

1 Like

And thanks!

1 Like

Looks like about a 4x4 space. Have you thought about upgrading to the better LED lights.

Nope. I am 30 inches from canopy and barely not burning their tops. Very happy with this light and my girls loving life.

1 Like

From what I’ve read 500 watts just about perfect for 4x4. If a little on the low end

1 Like

I just didn’t understand what you meant when you said knock off light from eBay.

Oh it’s a DIY hlg 550. Unbranded

1 Like

Looks like it’s doing a great job.

1 Like

Cost me a pretty penny but everyone here can’t be wrong. So I had to pull the trigger. So far so good

1 Like