Exposure when making extracts

hello all,
I was wanting to make some extracts for the wife. Was planning to make butter and vape oil using the oil bath method. My question is would the fumes off of making it expose me to THC? I am urine drug tested bi-weekly by my employer. Just wondering if there is no risk or not worth the risk? thanks all

1 Like

I make rso/feco/qwet for dosing edibles and making canna syrup/sugar and butter. Im not sure about the fumes but i spilled the tincture before distilling and wiped the mess up with my hands and paper towels and tested positive from that. Now i wear nitrile gloves and goggles and a mask. The fumes have got me high but i think its just the ethanol.

2 Likes

thats good info to have. I thought maybe i was just being paranoid wearing gloves and a mask to trim buds but im in a recovery program thru my employer and i doubt they would believe i was only handling and not using it if i tested positive. be back to rehab for 6 months not good

2 Likes

Missouri has amendment 3 on ballot today to make recreational weed ok. Theres worker protection in it so if have med card then employers cant punish a positive result. We will see how it works out. Will know the results tomorrow

1 Like

Meanwhile if i win bud of the month and it passes ill be ordering and smoking some banana kush

3 Likes

I hope it passes. Im a strong supporter of legalization even If I cant use it. Truth is I cant even smoke it if I wanted to. It has a very strange effect on me even in small doses. I will have complete blackouts lasting hours sometimes. It always been that way, even when I was young. very uncomfortable feeling and im not sure what causes me to react that way to it.

1 Like

You know you maybe should just smoke a bowl not a whole plant lol.

2 Likes

lmao. Two hits and I may come around an hour later at walmart thinking, “how did I get here”. lol Ive just always assumed maybe I have an allergy to it. It is very strange.

2 Likes

I’ve caught buzzes from off gassing while decarbing in mason jars. The nome swore to me I wasn’t imagining he existed.

Hope you pass your test

2 Likes

I read something about a study that was done in Germany where they had 10 people (non users) roll a joint a day for i forget how many days 7 or 10 maybe. Halfway through majority of them had high levels of tch in their bloodstream.
So yes tch will absorb through your skin

that’s one problem with this half legalization/commercialization/regulation that is going on. I don’t consume. Haven’t gotten high in 20 years. I could test positive and lose my job because i touch the plants that im legally allowed to grow. i find that absolutely ludicrous.

3 Likes