Explosion of growth

I have some autos that are growing and the buds had seemed to stop producing white pistols, they were turning orange and i thought they were starting to mature nicely to be harvested soon. I went and checked on them the other day and now suddenly boom more white. I was wondering if this is just a growth spurt or is she just starting to foxtail off the top

6 Likes

Appears to be foxtailing. How much nutrients are you feeding mainly PK and what’s the light distance to the top of the plant? A few things can cause this, lighting intensity is usually noticeable with the start of a few on the highest buds, there’s genetics and nothing you can do and an over abundance of feeding phosphorus and potassium. This typically happens with PK boosters and not reducing the base nutrients when using these. Here’s a genetic or over feeding PK on my part :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I don’t see any foxtailing, so I’m guessing just new growth. Good looking bud, and should fill in nice.

2 Likes

Using jacks. My original thought was foxtail just based on how pistol growth stopped and everything was ripening and i was just about to start tricome check not quite there imo for tricomes color and then suddenly new clusters of white. When ever i had foxtail before it was off the side of the bud. Never on the top of the cola.

3 Likes

How old is this pic and did all the buds look like this?

Day before i noticed foxtail. Different cola though. Light is a hlg 600 maybe 2’ from top at 3/4 power. Photon app says 49 dli on a 20/4 schedule
Most buds i checked were around this stage. Not many clear but very few amber if any

I didnt know about the pk ratio causing foxtailing. My last grow of godfather og foxtailed really bad. Thanks,i learned something new.

2 Likes

Was a harsh lesson learned for myself as well :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes