Experiment with companion planting

They’re looking beautiful :heart_eyes::clap:t2:

1 Like

Thank you!! my companion / different soils are really showing so far the ones with the compost are bigger than the sister in the fox farm soil which I find amazing. I was told in the beginning that my compost mixture wasn’t good enough for my ladies. and I have clearly proved that wrong!

1 Like

@apple is that your own compost mixture? We’ll done!!! :sunglasses::blush:

1 Like

Hey @se7en, yes kind of so what i did was i went to a local place where they sell compost, and my friend hooked me up with some. I added my own to it and then when I was plating my ladies I added in some happy frog nutrient that way it had some added love to the mix. then I started using more nutrients last month with a tea of the happy frog and then this week with a couple that I have NEVER used before but heard only good things about ill get the names of those later.
I did have an unfortune issue with my cherry truffles they had been ripped them from the buckets they were in he tried to kill them because they “were his” However like any good mother I saved my babies and nursed them back… They are not out of the woods yet this happened yesterday. I added cinnamon to the roots and a lot of it to make sure that it survives. also added honey to the broken branches. and the branches that stripped the stem. after they were shocked, they were out of their home for about 5 mins before I sprung int o action on crutches lmao it was a site. however today they are looking beautiful !!! besides like 3 branches broken off and one side looking naked I probably could have saved the branches i just was mad and didnt think i could so i cute them n put honey on the wound. Ill add pics and show the progress of that… oy what a day!!

1 Like

@apple Noooo way wait who tried to rip them up from the buckets?? I’m really sorry about that! And I’m sure you’ll get them back to good health in no time! I have all the faith in you :muscle:t2::relaxed:

As for the soil, that’s amazing! Good job :slight_smile: so did you amend it so as they grow they grow into the FFOF? Saves using some nutrients down the line that way I’d imagine :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Se7en Soo my boyfriend who well now EX but anyway he broke up with me yesterday and the plants were ours but seeing how I put everything into them, and they were like kids in a divorce basically. So, the Cherry Truffes where for him or his fav. blah blah lol. I told him not to touch my plants and he said they were his. Like any mother watching their child get hurt i went to help them lol. However, the knowledge I have of these ladies is far more than his I am the one with the green thumbs and the reason they look so good.

As far as the soil no it was just the compost with nutrients throughout the layers of soil and well mixed in as I water, they are slowly released. I have also added the FF nutrients a while ago i did a tea with a gallon of water each. The other nutrients are the Fox Farm- Tiger Bloom Big Bloom and Grow Big. I used them the other night and will prob give the mix once a week depending on how they look.
My biggest concern right now is if I should give them move water because it’s going to be 90s all week and it has been that hot before, but I am unsure if I should help them by giving more water. I give a gallon a plant every other day. I might do every day any ideas?

1 Like

@apple bkess you I’m so sorry to hear he was being like that! And I’m sorry you’re going through a breakup! Recently been going through the same thing myself. Mrs packed her stuff took the boys and left and left me with our daughter :man_shrugging:t3: So just me and my little girl now :slight_smile: which tbh I’m not complaining about :rofl: I hope you’re okay though! You deserve better than that! And yeah I reckon he would have murdered them if he’d have taken them with him, or he’d be calling the next few days asking you what to do with them cos he doesn’t know :laughing:

Ahhh I get ya that’s awesome!!! I may even try that myself soon, always up for trying new stuff to get better plants! Yeah I think the hotter it is the more they would drink, depending how far they are, my last one in flower was being watered every day where we have 30-40C heat for a couple weeks, it’s coming back again as well this week and next so I’ll probably be doing the same as you and watering a little more :pray:t2:

1 Like

The main thing to remember is. They’ll let you know if they need it, lift the pot if it feels really light and the top inch of the soil is dry then water again :slight_smile: you don’t want to over water being over worried about them (I’ve done this many times). Can risk root rot that way, but I’m almost certain there will be days she wants watering at the end of every day when it’s really hot

2 Likes

Hey thanks @Se7en yea it sucks but honestly im better off. I have goals and I was being held back which is silly. Im sorry your going through that as well but at least you have your little with you! I am very happy and proud of myself for saving the cherry truffles. I’m in New England and we have had such hot weather its gross, but my ladies have been good with letting me know that they need water. I think when it is in the high 90s i might start giving them a gallon and a half. I have started added nutrients last week and prob going to give them to the girls once a week. I took pics of the truffles. The biggest one looked sad but once I gave her some water, she perked right back up which I am so happy and thankful for that.

This here I believe is the smaller of the two. She looks so good I think. picture is today.

This is the big one and the two of her branches were broken off and i mended them with some honey.

this is the big truffle today.9

This is when she was wicked hot so I gave her some water and boom baby!! Shes looking sooo good.
Also with the heavy rains we have been having here for a couple days I have had them under a easy up and kind of made them a hut with airflow. I put my marigolds in between to help deter any pest which so far so good. fingers crossed this keeps working. i have sprayed with CJDB which I love and swear by it. I am going to get some DE soon so that just in case I need them, and I have about 1500 lady bugs (I got that many because of all of my plants).

2 Likes

@apple bless you good for you! Atleast
You can now focus on yourself and your goals and not worry about being held back! You deserve it :blush: yeahhh my little girl is my world and my rock, more than happy to have her with me she’ll always keep me going :slight_smile:

Wowwww they’re looking amazing! Wouldn’t even tell anything was ever wrong with them! Well done you’re smashing it! Yeah I agree, we’ve been having stupid hot weather here too and I’ve really not been enjoying it too much :rofl: we have another weather warning again this week, sucks hahaha! But I do what you’re doing I just a feed a little more a little more often! Also, lady bugs for pest control are AMAZING!!! I love watching them go to town on spider mites and stuff :laughing: all natural too! :wink: I do need to get some of that CJDB myself, have just been using castile soap or Neem Oil where needed, have had nothing come back on this run so far, had a few spider mites at the start, massacred them with castile soap and they haven’t returned :pray:t2: