Experiment on "Charlie Brown's tree"

It is hydro recirculating deep water culture

You can definitely grow them like this in dirt. I think it would just take longer maybe a longer veg cycle

Mine’s reg DWC system and I also use GH nutrients because they supposedly don’t have to be pH’d. At least that’s their claim anyways. I was keeping/am trying to keep it @ 5.8-6.0. My tap water comes out @ 6.4-6.6 believe it or not and I also have access to a city public water tap that is fluoride free. Sometimes I go and sometimes I don’t :person_shrugging:. No humidity meter either. I clean the 5 gallon buckets and am precise with the chemicals but I have way better results in dirt.

I also have a 1000W HPS system but its down due to to much heat generation in closet so I switched to 600W HPS instead with cheesy LED’S and fluorescents .

Do you go the 10 weeks from the day you trip them to 12/12 light cycle or when? Tricomes are to go from clear to milky to clear again correct?

I have had to work pretty diligently at keeping the pH where it should be. I also let them Meander between 5.5 and 6.2. They take up different chemicals at different rates when the pH changes. But optimal is 5.75 or 5.8. You have to check the pH. The General Hydroponics nutrients have buffers in them that help to control pH but it’s not a sure thing that you don’t have to pH test Your solution. And I like to keep my parts per million at between 4:50 and 5:50. Which means adjusting your recipe. My recipe is per gallon 4 ml micro, 2.5 ml grow, 6 to 8 ml bloom, 2 ml cool bloom. PH adjusted to 5.8. It’s really quite simple recipe. And it doesn’t change the whole time they are flowering. Like I said this is my first time in rdwc and I see the benefits of it I also see that it’s requires constant monitoring and adjusting and adding of nutrients and adding of water and making sure the humidity is right in the room making sure the temperature doesn’t get too high it’s just constant staying on top of it

These varieties are supposed to be 8 weeks flowering but if they want to go longer I will sure let them. Try Combs go from clear to milky to Amber. I like to cut when half milky and half Amber.

Oh yeah these plants have all been f i m d and lollipoped

Ok thanks for the info!!!
My recipe is: 4 tsp micro first for 3 gallons, 2 tsp grow then 6 tsp bloom then 1.5 tsp of cal mag and bud candy then 1/4 tsp Miracle-Gro and am starting to add a touch of molasses it’s a new thing I guess old time growers used it so I figured I’d try.

I’ll use my 100X microscope from Amazon that hooks upto my phone to check the tri chromies from now on! Cool man thanks again.

You’re sure welcome I love being of help. Oh I was going to tell you too I mix point 1/3 ml per gallon of 34% hydrogen peroxide to the nutrient solution. I also drain my reservoir complete system every week. I flush for 2 hours with floor clean at the recommended dosage. And then refill the reservoir with the properly pH nutrient solution at a parts per million of 500 or 50 points either way. Good luck man stay with it it will come together. You will look back one day and say jeez it wasn’t that hard. I’ve been growing for 46 years I’ve been through every kind of situation you can imagine when it comes to Growing some cannabis good luck May the force be with you

1 Like

By the way I had to look up F.I.M. thats some funny sh!t. (F♤ck-I-missed). I knew about topping and lollypoppin’ but not that. I officially messed around and went and learned 2 things today :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile:. Sweet.

1 Like

I’ve only said if you ain’t learning you ain’t living. Good on you man. When I film those one of them got three tops all the rest just did too like a regular topping. I guess I missed. LOL earlier I said a prayer and I swear those things shot out hairs all over the place like within 30 minutes. The Lord is on our side. Always try to help somebody every chance you get. A little love goes a long way in this world today

I’ve noticed that when I had to change water the first time in my DWC system that I have to lift the lid all the way up with plants attached (upto 4 in my lid) plus the root ball has to clear the top of the 3 or 5 gallon bucket edge. Which put me, plant(s), 600W light all at risk. So how do you change yours?

Okay what i do is drain the resevoir …let the gravity drain as much from the buckets as it will…then use a hand pump to finish draining the buckets …its a pain but ive got the system kinda figured out. An electric in line pump would make it lots easier. And faster.

Something else I realized I think you have to use Cal Mag too. You don’t know you need it until you start budding and all of a sudden you realize you should have been adding it all along. Just a note that I made to myself. Use the Cal Mag. Anyhow…

That’s a excellent idea about the water pump. Because when my plant’s get 48"+ I stop lifting them up & over the top edge of the bucket because they risk being broken, as well as, hitting the 600W HPS while it’s on because I don’t need an explosion or anything happening to it. So I just let the plant’s drink up approx 90% of the 5 gallons of liquid nutrients then I carefully wipe the side of the bucket with paper towels and refill. I wish that I had done more homework on DWC because I would have gotten RDWC instead :sleepy:. Live n learn I guess.

I use 1 teaspoon of cal mad per 5 gallon. Thank you though.

I should have been using cal-mag and wasnt…its in there now …better late than never… I think that dwc has advantages over rdwc. I’m growing three different varieties and they definitely would like to be fed differently which you cannot do with my system. If you find a pump to use make sure and find a strainer of some sort to go over the tubing to keep from sucking the roots up into the tubing you know what I mean? I’m trying to find some kind of a small basket strainer for that very thing.

The girls smell awesome and they’re starting to fatten up a bit

4 Likes

Ya they R!!! Those are pretty girls. Try a nylon over the pump end ir cheese cloth? I’m going to try it when I get my pump that you turned me on to.

1 Like