Experiment doing good

@DavidJEK you asked how to stall the upward growth… look up SCROG or LST

1 Like

Sorry if I’m being stupid but what is scrog or lst?

1 Like

Hey @DavidJEK great job with the lights… the guys are asking you to read up on those topics but scrog is an anachronism for screen of green meaning training your plants to grow out instead of up and lst is low stress training which is sorta the same thing
Good luck
John in Worcester

3 Likes

Thank You. I will research it tonight

1 Like

@DavidJEK the only stupid questions are the ones you dont ask! This place is great! So many people want to see each other succeed! You could read and research all day long… but nothing beats the knowledge all of these growers have!

4 Likes

@DavidJEK

1 Like

I think it’s a little late to be doing scrog or the other one but I will research it and the next grow I will try to use it. Thanks again everyone for the help.

You are on a 12/12 light schedule with photos? Or, they are autos that have transitioned to flowering stage?

A fairly rapid upward growth is normal if you just switched to flowering. It should level out after about 2 weeks. It’s commonly referred to as “stretch”. Stretching can be caused by lack of light, or too much light in red wavelengths at the wrong time as well. Hence the reason I’m asking.

Learning more and more, thanks. The are white widow auto flowering.

2 Likes

How long are you keeping the lights on?

@dbrn32 For 17 hrs. I heard 16 to 18 hrs. is recommended so I opted for middle of the road.

2 Likes

You should be good there.

This is my setup. Will only be growing one at a time from now on. My medical needs are not that severe.

5 Likes

@DavidJEK great leds keep up the great work!:+1::blush::evergreen_tree: