Experience with Wills lights?

Was curious if anyone had any experience with Wills LED lights? I have a 600w Wills LED in a 3x2 tent for 2 plants. Im starting to wonder if it’ll be enough to get through the whole grow. I’ll find a link for the light…

1 Like

This is the light i have

1 Like

It’s definitely underpowered for the space. It will grow, don’t expect pounds.

4 Likes

Good to know, I’ll look at upgrading. Any suggestion? Dont want to break the bank either though

1 Like

That’s a 100 watt light, very weak, ok for starting plants but not enough for much after that. A HLG 260 rspec would be killer in your 3x2.

4 Likes

I’ll look into that. Thank you

1 Like

Looked into HLG, they seem a little outside my budget atm. Can you make any suggestions for something kind of middle of the road?

I hate to recommend chinese lights but perhaps something like this might fit into your budget, basically a chinese copy of the HLG 260 made with decent parts.

1 Like

There’s a YouTube channel, Migro. This guy is a light manufacturer himself but he also reviews tons of lights. He’s very fair about it. I found him by listening to a podcast called GrowCast. Check him out.

He had an Amazon light sent to him, and he was actually surprised by it. It would be ok for a small grow. The brand is Aponuo.

1 Like

@NeoGroR Watched that Migro video you suggested and looked into that light. There’s a newer version since his video that I’m starting to consider. Thoughts? Inhave a 36x20 tent.

My thoughts are Migro’s thoughts. Watch a few more of his videos. Also listen to some Growcast Podcasts on lighting. You’ll learn a lot.

1 Like

Listen to the dude from Cultilux on Growcast. He swears by his CMH bulbs. It’s interesting. I’m going to buy one of his 315w 4000k bulbs in the near future.

2 Likes

Pulled the trigger and ordered the 1000w Aponuo light. Should be delivered Thursday

1 Like

You should add your other light, with both switches on, to the tent when you switch to flower. Those two lights might work really well for a tent your size.

May the Force be with you.

Yeah you think both? What would the advantage be to running both as opposed to just the new one?

More light.

More light means more bud.

A good simple way to calculate the wattage needed for optimal yield is 50w (Actual watts) per square foot.

Many guys calculate the yield in terms of “Grams per Watt”. This also has to do with many other factor. IE; tent size and plant health.

But both of those lights are relatively small. You have plenty of room in your tent for both.

1 Like

The old light is 100w and the new one is 150w, 41.66 watts per square foot.

You can get a real nice yield with that. 6 to 8 ounces would not be unrealistic. After some practice, of course.

1 Like

Noted! Thank you.
Im not trying to think about yields yet. Trying to get a handle on keeping them healthy haha. Got some weird yellow spots starting which has me concerned

Take some pictures under regular light and post them on the forum. You’ll get tons of help. Also, this…

New light went in the tent this morning.

1 Like