Expediating the flowering process?

Hello all,

my plants are on day 65 from seed, some are starting to flower, some are flowering already, mostly loosely spaced stigmas emerging, the dense clusters have not yet formed. The plants are lush and healthy, all growing conditions are ideal, perhaps too ideal, very luxurious. My question is, can I speed the process of flowering up at all? How do I stress the plants (drought, fertilizer, temperatures, pruning etc) to speed up the process of flowering yet not hinder yield… is there such a process? Many thanks.

This is the best you can do. There are no shortcuts.

12 Likes

Outta :green_heart:’s for you @MidwestGuy, but yep. I’m working on a time machine. I’ll let you know last week if it’s done or not.

12 Likes

How long since you flipped to 12/12?
Some take a little longer to get started flowering than others.
Could just be the strain.

1 Like

I’ve heard of some using far red supplemental lighting but they usually start that from the beginning of flower

2 Likes

Mother nature does her thing . Forcing stress can hermie plants. Stunt growth. Cause uptake issues…many things. Best to let her do her thing. Patience is a prime part of achieving great harvests. Good luck in the grow.

4 Likes

@Shan98 , rule #1 don’t do too much. This is the easy part . Get a Jeweler’s loupe, and watch trichomes. Most cultivar take 8-12 weeks after first signs of bud sites

3 Likes

Flipping lights to 12-12 (if you havent already) could force the stragglers into flower. Im assuming you are growing autos and have not flipped already?

But like said above, there are no shortcuts. Patience and keep em happy. They’ll be ready when they are ready.

3 Likes

Makes sense… a couple of weeks.

1 Like

At 2 weeks you’re really just starting to get into flowering.
It takes a bit for the plant to change it’s chemical processes from veg growth to flowering.
Generally the first 1-3 weeks after the flip is the transition time, again dependent a lot of strain, etc…
Soon they’ll take off in a burst of growth and gain some height, “the stretch”, and then the buds will start developing along the nodes and swelling up.

It’s the hurry up and wait game! LOL!

Best of Luck to you!!

1 Like

Patients, as explained by @MidwestGuy

Red and far red lights (Emerson effect) when turned on before and after main lights goes on helps with efficientcy but not with speed of harvest.

In the future grow them on 12/12 once they are 2or 3 weeks old.

2 Likes