Expected temperature increase under 600 W HPS over ambient in a 4x4x7 tent

Can anybody tell me if there is maybe a nominal temperature increase above ambient in a 4 x 4 x 7 tent?

The intention is to use a 400W MH in veg and 600 W HPS in flower. Currently there are fluoros and ‘daytime’ is 22 - 27 Celsius and 55-65% humidity. I am expecting something like 10-15 Celsius (or eq.) but I could be a long way off.

Any indication appreciated.

There are far too many factors to give a definitive answer. The ambient temperature outside your tent and your exhaust ventilation are the key factors.
If you use an air-cooled reflector (this is a must) with a ballast outside the tent and have a decent “outside the tent” environment and adequate ventilation, the temperature increase should only be a few degrees.

On a side note - since you are going to be using a dimmable ballast anyway, you should get a 600 watt MH bulb. You can dim it to 75% but you still have the option to crank it up to 100% when you want it.

3 Likes

Air cooled, Air cooled, Air cooled. Can’t say it enough, your going to want to get one it will make your life way easier.

3 Likes

Air cooled hood and 400 cfm exhaust is a must for 600 watt MH/HPS to keep temps in the sweet spot, and best to exhaust to outside/attic/ or different room, don’t want to drive up temps in the room the tent is in.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Hadn’t considered a vented hood - will have to. My biggest issue is availability of equipment - nobody has stock locally! Frustrating as hell!! Might have to get creative with a window insert panel - was trying to avoid that…

@TommyBahama @BRFarming420 @Hellraiser

2 Likes

This is the window exhaust kit I use to exhaust one of my tents out the window.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R65112D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Thhat is a handy kit. Wil look into that. Thanks!

1 Like